Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: the 1 year old mot or not chestnut????
pif

posted on 3/6/08 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
the 1 year old mot or not chestnut????

so ok, the car is now one year on from SVA and registration and the renewal for tax has come and states i need an mot. rang DVLA and they said as it is on a E plate( age related) it was manufactured in 87 and needs mot. rang VOSA they said interpretation of rules is up to DVLA and cannot help. emailed " direct.gov.uk" and got these in order.

Thank you for your email.

A first Mot test is required 3 years from the date of manufacture or first registration, whichever is the earlier.

Regards

Miss G Davies
www.direct.gov.uk/motoring Thank you for your email.

then emailed back to say thats inconclusive as the car was registered in 07 but is of various ages. got this reply

Thank you for your email.

As mentioned in our previous email, a first Mot test is required 3 years from the date of manufacture or first registration, whichever is the earlier.

Therefore, as your vehicle was manufactured in 1987, it will require an MOT before you can apply for a tax disc.

I trust this is helpful.

Regards

Ms E L Davies

www.direct.gov.uk/motoring

what am i to do. tried to ring local office and just keep getting swept into the fully automated swansea thing.

cannot do online or by phone as it claims vehicle is not mot'd.

should i bite the bullet and get an mot and hopefully at 87 regs, even though my V5 shows emissions limits on it. my car obviousley now doesnt have the cat on anymore.

does anyone have a "shove in their face" style document.

does any one have an ordinary tel; no; for manchester dvla, where i can talk to a human. albeit a DVLA employe

just adding to my already bad car week. see link below.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=90440

any help greatly appreciated

PIF

been a bit of a rush job really, bodged it all together in just 5 1/2 years.

indykid

posted on 3/6/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
go to the post office!

if your v5 says a new date of first registration as 2007, they'll accept it and issue tax.

if you're till struggling, get to thornill edge post office. they've not commented on mine once in the last 3 years.

tom

r1_pete

posted on 3/6/08 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Don't taxing post offices use the online service, so it would come up as requiring an MOT?

Can you have it both ways, 87 plate and original build date, but new in 2007...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 3/6/08 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
I'd send payment with a copy of the disclaimer form (can't remember the V number but a quick search on locostbuilders should find it) saying car is less than 3 years old therefore no MOT needed. Send the whole lot to the local DVLA office recorded delivery. Jobs a good'un... (or at least was in my case).
chockymonster

posted on 3/6/08 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
My car is on an H plate, the V5 states date of manufacture as 1/2007 and date of registration as 1/2007.
I've just retaxed mine with no need for an MOT.

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 3/6/08 at 03:10 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DG_4017716

Form V112. Use it at a Post Office, no bother

adithorp

posted on 3/6/08 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
u2u sent

adrian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.