Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Brands hatch 750mc 21-22 June
procomp

posted on 9/6/08 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Brands hatch 750mc 21-22 June

Hi the finals are out already for the brands hatch races. LINK TO PDF.

Looks like a busy weekend. Racing includes: LOCOST - KITS - RGB - SR+GT - STOCK HATCH - HOT HATCH - FORMULA 4 - MR2's - SAXMAX - 750 FORMULA - 750TROPHY.

Forum members racing include: stevetzoid #39 - Rob Palin #47 - simes43 #43 - pumpers #63 - 82Locost #82 - Richd
#25 - ernie #67 .In LOCOST

MawMaw #71 In KITS.

progers #7 In RGB.

As usual apologies if i have missed anyone. Shout up if i have.

And also as usual all forum driver will i am sure be glad to talk and show you round there cars. As long as you dont take the P too much .

Other runners that may be of interest to the forum are: Matthew lewis #75 in his V8 MNR and Ian kempson #36 in his MK indy specR. Both in KITS.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 10/6/08 by procomp]

[Edited on 14/6/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
82 Locost

posted on 9/6/08 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately I can't make it. I'm spending the money on a holiday instead. A whole holiday, with flights and accommodation, for a week!
pumpers

posted on 9/6/08 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not there either

funds dont allow, especially as my prop self destructed in the final race a Anglesey !

Should be back for Donnington.

craig, aka pumpers

procomp

posted on 10/6/08 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Quote " A whole holiday, with flights and accommodation, for a week! "

You have just been to a remote island and now a holiday aswell .

Sorry Craig i forgot you had the prop problem in the final race. I will U2U you regarding this pickup problem.

Well i am usually missing people of the list. Makes a change to be adding too many. However i bet there are three reserves hoping they get a run.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mawmaw

posted on 12/6/08 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
I am making it but only just. £300 for 2 14minute races is helping buy Mr Palmers new jet! This has put off at least 8 from kits so our grid is crap. seeing as there are only 4 corners i am not bothering spending £140 for about 10 minutes testing but i will be spending the price of a decent curry getting another 30 BHP which should arrive on Wednesday which should help me inch closer to the front of the grid. Needless to say the evidence of using Jim Goodwins boot as a handy "brake Assist device" has now gone thanks to 500gs of plastic padding and an 80 quid spray job, if i carry on like this all that lead can go from the passenger seat soon. Matt having driven it today, can you bring the tracking stuff as well as the corner weights to Brands!
ernie

posted on 13/6/08 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget me!!! locost 67
procomp

posted on 14/6/08 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi sorry Ernie. I did forget you. I will add you to the list.

Mark we are testing all day Friday so will have the full kit inc corner weighting with us.

It sounds like it could be an interesting kit race . You with the proper engine in and our Steve with the new zetec.

And i know it's only 4 corners but can you remember which way they go and in what sequence.

Cheers Matt

mawmaw

posted on 22/6/08 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
brands

Matt, thanks for bringing the kit, shame none of us could be bothered! especially me.
Kit car race turn out especially poor final race only had about 10 cars in it! Still fantastic racing, would be a shame to loose the championship. I had a pretty good weekend all in, second in both races and now hold the lap record for 2 classes at brands! bit of contact (again!) but 7 races 7 finishes looking good for a decent championship position. Oh and sorry no video

procomp

posted on 23/6/08 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Hi well done Mark. Hopefully a chance to take a class championship. I had the setup equipment on the go. The locosters where making use of the corner weight scales. We must get you more organised at this racing business you know. Far too laid back.
But then none of us would catch you

There was some good racing in the Locost races. I did not get chance to view any of the RGB races. But hope Progers has done good again.

I will add a link to the results PDF if they have tinternet in the hotel whilst on hols. Other wise i am sure some kind sole can put the links up. Also will add the videos when back Inc Angelseys one which has still not been put up.

Cheers Matt

mawmaw

posted on 25/6/08 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/08_Brands_Hatch_21-22_Jun_Kit_Cars.pdf

http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/08_Brands_Hatch_21-22_Jun_Locost.pdf

http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/08_Brands_Hatch_21-22_Jun_RGB.pdf

The RGB results look interesting, i suspect paint swapping but may be wrong, look forward to reading about it tomorrow. Mark

progers

posted on 26/6/08 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
RGB Video

Hi All,

Video of the first race has now been uploaded.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LKrH3_eWiSk

I don't have footage of the second race, as being a silly boy, I managed to beach myself in the gravel trap at Druids on the first lap. Purely my fault, a bit late on the brakes with cold tyres......

Although the video recorder was on, the marshalls kindly switched off my power which killed the MP4 video recorder - no video was saved. Saved me a few blushes I suppose

Cheers

Paul

mawmaw

posted on 26/6/08 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Paul, excellent race, interesting only 0.1 secs between the lap speeds between us but your car and mine look COMPLETELY different to drive, lighter car, less power and an LSD perhaps if our grids keep falling we can race together!Mark
ps i fell off at Druids too but kept the power in and managed to come out the other side!

[Edited on 26/6/08 by mawmaw]

progers

posted on 26/6/08 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mawmaw
Well done Paul, excellent race, interesting only 0.1 secs between the lap speeds between us but your car and mine look COMPLETELY different to drive, lighter car, less power and an LSD perhaps if our grids keep falling we can race together!Mark
ps i fell off at Druids too but kept the power in and managed to come out the other side!

[Edited on 26/6/08 by mawmaw]

Thanks! I think part of the difference between the way our cars drive is as you say down to lighter weight and LSD. However, I think driver has quite alot of input on how they set the car up and how they prefer to drive. I tend to not be as "committed" as some in the oversteer stakes and set the car up to be fairly neutral. I am good pals with Derek Jones (RGB champ last year and now leading with a class A car) and he's much more of a hang it out kinda guy

Did you see that Martin Brooks did a 52.5 in his Fireblade Phoenix? - thats was a damn quick lap for a 130bhp car.

You are more than welcome to jump over to the darkside and join the RGB crew, its a shame the kit numbers are so low this year. We have recruited a few from other series (Stock hatch, Kits) and they all seem to enjoy the transition. If we happen to do the same test day you are more than welcome to give my car a try and see what you think

- Paul

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.