Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: will fitting 2.0 carbs to my 1.8 pierberg carbed pinto make much difference in power?
rich201283

posted on 5/12/03 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
will fitting 2.0 carbs to my 1.8 pierberg carbed pinto make much difference in power?

will fitting 2.0 carbs to my 1.8 pierberg carbed pinto make much difference in power?
PeetBee

posted on 5/12/03 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Don't know anything about the pireburg carbs, but you would need to retune the 2.0 carb to suit the 1.8 or at worst get it rejetted.

Is this the problem as I thought it was the gearing that was wrong with your car?

Peteff

posted on 5/12/03 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
The one to go for would be a 32/36 DGAV from an early car but you will need the manifold as well. It would improve your engine but the ordinary 30/34DFTH would be an improvement over the Pierburg.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

stephen_gusterson

posted on 5/12/03 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
you keep asking this question, and I dont think you are understanding the basic nature of carburation.

you could also fit carbs from a 3.5 rover, and thats even better! But its not!

there is an ideal mix ratio (summat like 14:1) of air to fuel by weight, and thats what you need to have the carb tuned to deliver.

a bigger carb, with the right jets for your engine, will only give more power if the whole engine 'flows' better, from inlet manifold to exhaust.

fitting std 2.0 carbs to a 1.8 will almost certainy make the car run rich, be less powerfull, and cost more to run.

atb

steve

[Edited on 5/12/03 by stephen_gusterson]

paulbeyer

posted on 5/12/03 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
The one to go for would be a 32/36 DGAV from an early car but you will need the manifold as well. It would improve your engine but the ordinary 30/34DFTH would be an improvement over the Pierburg.

yours, Pete.

I've got one I haven't got round to selling yet. recondition kit and new spindle fitted, all sat on a fine looking Pinto inlet manifold. You could always make me an offer before I try tempting the Robin Hood boys.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

Peteff

posted on 6/12/03 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
The pierburg you have is single choke. The ones you are looking at will be twin choke webers. You may have to do some jet swapping but the way to find out is by trying one. I don't think the 1.8 was made with a twin choke but the 2.0 should get you in the ball park, you can experiment from there.

yours, Pete.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.