Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MNR VORTX SUPER FOR SALE ON PISTONHEADS
kawwan

posted on 16/6/08 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
MNR VORTX SUPER FOR SALE ON PISTONHEADS

THERE IS AN ALMOST COMPLETE MNR VORTX SUPER WITH A BRAND NEW ZZR1400 FOR SALE IN THE BIKE ENBINED CAR SECTION OF PISTONHEADS
Dangle_kt

posted on 16/6/08 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
not a good advert for MNR - GULP!

Good luck with the sale!

joneh

posted on 16/6/08 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Link

big_wasa

posted on 16/6/08 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
£20k large and you still have to push it
Guinness

posted on 16/6/08 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
That's a real shame Jeff!

Swap you for mine?

Cheers

Mike

Mark G

posted on 16/6/08 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a really nice looking car, You'd be stupid not to finish it first and then sell it running and road legal.

I like this bit the best though...
quote:
THERE IS A SMALL REPAIR NEEDED TO THE BODY WHERE I TRIED TO PUT MY FOOT THROUGH IT.

JoelP

posted on 16/6/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
seems very silly selling, how much could it possible have cost to keep the spark working til it ran?? A few days/ few hundred quid?

Any idea what the problem with the wiring is?

LBMEFM

posted on 16/6/08 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Stop and chill out. I felt very much like you a few weeks ago, then the guys on this site talked me through it and bingo for an £80 ECU it now works. Just close the garage door for a couple of weeks, forget it and then ask for help on this site and it will be finished. Then if you sell it you will get a good price for it, if you don't you will have a brill car.
Gergely

posted on 16/6/08 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I saw this car when I was at MNR picking up our kit. There is nothing wrong with the car and looks pretty good... seems the owner just lost the patience...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 16/6/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, he's open to offers so someone is going to get a real bargain!

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

marc n

posted on 16/6/08 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
for those who could be interested in purchasing the car :-
car has no spark so would suggest a different ecu and loom ( car currently has coded ecu and key and will not spark pump primes engine turns over etc etc)

everything is done / working lights, digidash etc even has coolant in it

to finish car / sva car

mount battery cut off ( carefull positioning for sva )
mount switch for accusump activation ( carefull positioning for sva )
fit sva mirrors / racetech mirrors
fit side repeaters
fit nosecone indicators / sva indicators
mount silencer and cat

biggest problem is lack of spark although jeff said he has a contact at kawasaki newcastle who knows how to fix the non spark problem

hopefully jeff will stick with it and sort the lack of spark if not somone is in for a real bargain and a very nice car

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 16/6/08 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds to me like 1/2 a day at a friendly Kawasaki dealer would sort it out. I'm sure there must be a dealer who'd take a look at it just for the interest/novelty value for their mechanics (perhaps a few rides out when it's finished?).

Very well specced it is too

Guinness

posted on 17/6/08 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
ASAIK, and I could be wrong, but Jeff IS the owner of the local Kawasaki Dealer! I could be wrong, but I've met him a couple of times when I've been buying spares / organising trackdays and when he was selling Locost Racer 57.

Of course that could all be wrong.

Mike

kawwan

posted on 17/6/08 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
i managed the shop for 7 years, and have recently gone on my own, cheers
djmnr

posted on 17/6/08 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
whats it worth then do we think as is?
smart51

posted on 17/6/08 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by djmnr

Really and truly I think it is worth Jeff taking a breather for a couple of weeks then getting it running. Marc has said it needs 2 things: Getting the Kawasaki electrics to spark and general finishing for SVA.

Jeff seems to be worried about it bankrupting him. He's looking at it wrongly (with respect). A business studies lecturer at University taught me a very useful lesson.

What you have spent so far means nothing. You can't get the money back. There is only 1 question to answer: How much will a get for it if I spend nothing? versus How much will I get for it if I invest in finishing it?

If you give Mr Kawasaki dealer £1000, say. will he fix it? Will it be worth £1000 more fixed than as is F*** YES!. It will be the best £1000 you ever invested.

You won't like how much you're offered for a part built car, even one as nice as this. Get it running and it WILL be worth top dollar.

I had the same problem with my car. I couldn't get it to run. I considered getting rid of it. Building a car was harder than I thought but I'm glad I stuck with it. Get the Kawasaki guy on it. Please.

Krismc

posted on 18/6/08 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Must say i was in same situation around 6 months back, i bought a mnr RT + in the belief it would cost me £8-8500 finished.

I got the car and spent 1 year throwing money at it but i was happy and the car looked good, sent it for engine to be running(8 months later it wasnt) sent it else where for 3 months still wasnt.

At this stage and £20k lighter I then decided to sell...probably the best thing i ever did because chris darby@ BEC owners saw the advert and rang me...twisted my arm into finishing the project for me, he has the car now, engine finished, emmissons sorted, finished body work and lights and SVA-ed

..Hopefully picking it up this week. im really happy now i may be a further bit in debt but at least i have a car.

Im sure Chris @ Bec owners would take your car in and finish/Sva it, he has some good knowledge, good contacts and is reccomended by MNR for completing cars(think he is a dealer for them)

chin up. and good luck.

[Edited on 18/6/08 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

kawwan

posted on 18/6/08 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
had my neice round with her fisher price junior electricians kit and she got it running in 5 minutes. sva is on tues 24th june. bit happier but still for sale
Taylor R1

posted on 19/6/08 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck with SVA.

If you need any further help with the car try the lads at MAC.

They helped us with a Stuart Taylor build which went through the SVA today.

Can't thank them enough.

TimC

posted on 20/6/08 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
quote:
Originally posted by djmnr

What you have spent so far means nothing. You can't get the money back. There is only 1 question to answer: How much will a get for it if I spend nothing? versus How much will I get for it if I invest in finishing it?

Indeed - known (logically) as relevant cost theory. The only flip-side which you haven't mentioned is that you need to consider all future cash flows which may be affected by your decsion. Hence, if someone were paying interest on a car loan, selling the car and paying off the loan would mean that the interest was no longer paid and should be considered in the overall calculation. You then add the time-preference of money i.e. that £100 now is worth more than £100 in a month's time. So, it's actually a little more complex than saying fix it up and sell it for more than you would otherwise. However, my view is the same as yours, it would almost certainly be the optimal solution.

richardh

posted on 20/6/08 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
well done
bet once you drive it you will want to keep it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.