Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Need something colected near Tamworth
Jasper

posted on 23/6/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Need something colected near Tamworth

I'm looking to buy a heated windscreen for the Stylus from a company near Tamworth.

He wants £47 to deliver it, most of which is packaging costs - so I can't save much by getting a courier to collect it.

So, big question, does anybody live near Tamworth and travel down to the South East at all?

It's already bloody expensive, and I'd rather not pay £47 just to get it to me!

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

jos

posted on 23/6/08 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Where about's dan sarf?

I dont travel that way regularly but have family in Stevenage and will be going to central london soon too

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Jasper

posted on 23/6/08 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in Brighton, but there are other locosters in West London who could pass it on at the next WLM meet up if that helps.

chrsgrain

posted on 23/6/08 at 03:22 PM Reply With Quote
Bear in mind that the £47 will include insurance, if someone on here takes it and drops it - there will be no come back, and you'll have to get another (expensive) screen - I think I'd just cough up....

Chris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

Blue Fox

posted on 23/6/08 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
There is a bloke on ebay who does this sort of thing. I had a racing kart picked up by him when I sold it. He has got one of those big people carrier things with a big trailer on the back and drives basically circles around the country picking things up and dropping them off. Can't remember his price but it was a lot cheaper than a courier and the other advantage is if he picks it up he drops it off it never goes to a depot or anything like that. Can't remember what his name or email was now but sure you will find him on ebay. Also a very nice friendly person.
Jon Ison

posted on 23/6/08 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Jasper, from time to time people ask us if they can arrange there own couriers, (collection in person is never a problem) and we always answer sure no problem, but the item will need packing and protecting for transit by "your" couriers to as this is included in the "packing & postage" price.

Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh, you know me well enough to no its not meant that way, I had even thought of offering to pick it up as I get down your way from time to time as you know but I didnt want the responsibility of collecting your "expensive" screen should I damage it, accidents do happen.

We break even on postage costs 99% of the time and lose a little to obscure postcodes but a sales a sale.

Jasper

posted on 24/6/08 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
Fair enough chaps, but I do posting and packing for a living too, and there's no way it costs even close to £30 to pack a screen. He must get it from the supplier packed too ......

Anyway, just found out I've got to trek up to Harrogate in three weeks time, I'm make a detour and collect it in person.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.