Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Header tank positioning
eznfrank

posted on 23/6/08 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Header tank positioning

Probably a stoopid question but I know that the header tank needs to be at the highest point of the cooling system but I'm kinda having problems with clearance, so.....if I mount it so that at least say 50% of it is higher than the rest of the system and then maybe fill it up in a raised position while it aint in the bracket will that be ok? It would end up with a u bend in the hose though. Only alternative seems to be to mount it to the scuttle but would involve pipes everywhere, or buy a new slimmer header tank?

[Edited on 23/6/08 by eznfrank]

r1_pete

posted on 23/6/08 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
As long as the pressure cap is the highest point, the coolant level in the tank is high enough to ensure the cylinder head is full, and any high points which could airlock e.g thermo housing top, are vented to the tank you'll be ok.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 23/6/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
The max fill line on the tank should be no lower than the highest point in the system. Preferebly slightly higher.

tks

posted on 23/6/08 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
The max fill line on the tank should be no lower than the highest point in the system. Preferebly slightly higher.

Yupsz...in taht way there is an air column above it which can be compressed..and thats needed..when the xlitres warmup..

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.