Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Can you park your locost as well as this?
02GF74

posted on 25/6/08 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Can you park your locost as well as this?

<---- linky

quote:
I saw the woman who drove the jeep and she just looked befuddled, she couldn't really understand what was going on - which is probably understandable enough if you drove a car out over two other cars," he said.

[Edited on 25/6/08 by 02GF74]

ruskino80

posted on 25/6/08 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
dear oh dear!
RichardK

posted on 25/6/08 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote

quote:

The BBC spoke to the driver of the Toyota, but he said he was "not in the mood to give interviews".

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 25/6/08 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
what is amazing is that she went so fast, if she had been in the right gear perhaps would have ended up in the shop.

Ban her.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyharding

posted on 25/6/08 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
I know it's a little funny even though someones pride and joy got bent but what if a child had been on that pavement she drove over!?! Throw the book at her...

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

eznfrank

posted on 25/6/08 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
There was a similar report a while ago of a pensioner writing off a couple of Porsches in a similar manner, and what worries me is, is this going on all day every day but it's only when it's a semi-nice-ish car that gets damaged it gets reported? Is the world just full or Metros and Micras perched precariously on top of Mondeos and the like?

[Edited on 25/6/08 by eznfrank]

[Edited on 25/6/08 by eznfrank]

ned

posted on 25/6/08 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
but how fast was she trying to get out of the parking space?!? look at this pic and see how she'd already mounted the kerb and driven a car length before mounting the boxster& celica:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/08/uk_expensive_gear_confusion/img/2.jpg

beware, I've got yellow skin

02GF74

posted on 25/6/08 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
There was a similar report a while ago of a pensioner writing off a couple of Porsches in a similar manner, and what worries me is, is this going on all day every day but it's only when it's a semi-nice-ish car that gets damaged it gets reported? Is the world just full or Metros and Micras perched precariously on top of Mondeos and the like?

I know - I posted it!

the pensioner drove off a raised parking spot.

what is particularly impressive with the Lexus is that it managed to climb up onto the cars!

vinny1275

posted on 25/6/08 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
There was an investigation into stuff like this years back in the telegraph motoring section - automatic cars, generally luxury ones, just lurching forwards in traffic and ramming something. They could never find faults with the cars afterwards, and the statistics showed that it was always drivers of advancing years - they reckoned that they go for the brake and stamp the accelerator instead. Being an auto (and probably quite a powerful one), they just take off until something hard (or squishy, heaven forbid) stops them....

nib1980

posted on 25/6/08 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank

[Edited on 25/6/08 by eznfrank][Edited on 25/6/08 by eznfrank]

No We tested the Micra, and it can't climb up another car, 200mm curb, but Not a car!

[Edited on 25/6/08 by nib1980]

Werner Van Loock

posted on 25/6/08 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
As per title, no but will this do?

Not mine btw

http://www.clubstylus.be

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/6/08 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
It is a good point about people getting confused with the auto’s. I have two plus manual cars and on one or two occasions pressed the wrong pedal big style either on braking where I have instantly assumed the brakes have failed or pressed the throttle instead of the brake (thank god the handbrakes are strong). Have to admit that it takes a moment to remember which car it is and take lift my foot off especially if I’m tired or driven a long time on the motorway due to not having to deal with the gears.
dhutch

posted on 25/6/08 at 11:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Werner Van Loock
As per title, no but will this do?

Not mine btw

Good isnt it,

I have no idea how they got that in there, but its actaully an all right idea.
- Fit a small gantry hoist that can slid out. Drive car behind, hoist, tilt to angle, slid in, lower and strap down.

Daniel

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/6/08 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
looks like the engine is on the vans floor so there is not much weight to it
James

posted on 25/6/08 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
DR. Evil to Goldmember:

"You crazy Dutch bastard"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mr henderson

posted on 25/6/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vinny1275
There was an investigation into stuff like this years back in the telegraph motoring section - automatic cars, generally luxury ones, just lurching forwards in traffic and ramming something. They could never find faults with the cars afterwards, and the statistics showed that it was always drivers of advancing years - they reckoned that they go for the brake and stamp the accelerator instead. Being an auto (and probably quite a powerful one), they just take off until something hard (or squishy, heaven forbid) stops them....

That's the truth of it. Automatics are very dangerous in the hands of the people who need them most. Very common accident scenario.

mad-butcher

posted on 29/6/08 at 11:18 AM Reply With Quote
I seem to remember the indy in the van sure it was bought over for sva looks like mk's estate

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.