Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rubbish day at work
MK Charlie

posted on 25/6/08 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Rubbish day at work

I'm so bored at work, so thought I would post on here and bore you all too!
Went to a friends funeral yesterday. Over 600 people turned up! Lee was an absolute legend around town hence the big turn out, and his death was a tragic accident. I have been coping really well untill today. Think it has finally hit home. Plus I'm just totally bored of my job and never have anything to do, so I just keep thinking about the funeral yesterday, which keeps upsetting me.

Before my ramble ends I have just have 1 question......
Why do they always choose music that will make you cry? Lee's 2 brothers helped carry his coffin in to the church with The Hollies - He aint heavy, He's my brother playing!

tegwin

posted on 25/6/08 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
U and Mr Wippy should meet up.....

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=91982

LOL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/6/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
we could form a club for bored 'workers'

600 folk to a funeral, wow! Sounds like you were lucky enough to be a great guys friend.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richardh

posted on 25/6/08 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to hear about your friend

Bored, in Kent

eznfrank

posted on 25/6/08 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your mate. I had a 25 year old friend die from cancer a couple of years ago, the treatment they gave him was simply unsuccesful and he chose "the drugs don't work" or whatever it's actual title is by some band whose name escapes me. I guess at least he had some say in what went on at his funeral.

Bored at work, tell me about it, i have one of thiose jobs where it will be quiet for a good few weeks then it will be all hands on deck emergency stations work your nuts off for 2 weeks solid and then dead again - grrrr

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 25/6/08 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Cancer is/has taken a toll on many of my friends, my family, including my younger sister. Not pleasant...
Neither is work, where I sadly spend so much time, but that too is coming to an end. Redundancies, buy-outs, more redundancies, what's left isn't too viable. My job's gone to Singapore, my choices are to fight clinical depression (and accept eventual redundancy) in the UK, or get my ass over to the USA where industry is a little more appreciated..... I've spent a lot of time working abroad, time to go back, permanently.
The only upside of the initial empathetic epistle, is that I really am running out of personal reasons to remain on this rock.
I'm taking my BECs...

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/6/08 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
Cancer is/has taken a toll on many of my friends, my family, including my younger sister. Not pleasant...
Neither is work, where I sadly spend so much time, but that too is coming to an end. Redundancies, buy-outs, more redundancies, what's left isn't too viable. My job's gone to Singapore, my choices are to fight clinical depression (and accept eventual redundancy) in the UK, or get my ass over to the USA where industry is a little more appreciated..... I've spent a lot of time working abroad, time to go back, permanently.
The only upside of the initial empathetic epistle, is that I really am running out of personal reasons to remain on this rock.
I'm taking my BECs...

go for it, I'll be moving abroad too very soon, can't take this weather!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 25/6/08 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
Iv been bored a t work for weeks but now been banned from the forum at work

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.