Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Comp Spec
Ian Pearson

posted on 25/6/08 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Comp Spec

My Dad needs a new desktop/tower. He uses it as a word processor, for e-mail and not much else. I have no idea what a tower is made up of nowadays. He's going to use his old keyboard and monitor, and I'd be grateful if you could give me some advice on what spec to look for.

Regards, Ian.

UncleFista

posted on 25/6/08 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
For that kind of usage almost any entry-level PC is going to be fine, THIS ONE looks good to me for £160 delivered

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

britishtrident

posted on 26/6/08 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
google the Morgan Computer web site --- all end of line and ex-demo or rework stock. 100% reliable company , also they don't rip you off with hidden charges and I have dealt with them tens of times over 20 years without any problem ever !

[Edited on 26/6/08 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Liam

posted on 26/6/08 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Out of interest what is the spec of his old tower? If word and email is really practically all he does, then does he really need a new box? It all depends on what the problem with the old one is - if it's not actually broken/damaged, but just slow, buggy and full of crap from years of bloat piling onto it from the net and software installation/uninstallation, you may be surprised how effective a simple blow out of all the dust with an airline and starting again with a fresh install of windows can be!

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.