Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ANOTHER VIENTO LIVES !!
simonk

posted on 28/6/08 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
ANOTHER VIENTO LIVES !!

After four years and four months my Viento has finally turned its wheels under its own power !! SVA to book now, and get busy doing the SVA dressing - just passenger seat to fit and the cosmetics and I think I'm there. My wife took some video so I'll stick it on you tube as soon as I can.

Cheers all
Simon

matt.c

posted on 28/6/08 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
I bet the sound of the V8 sounds luuuvly

Well done

eccsmk

posted on 28/6/08 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
top stuff well done
dont forget to write a list of whats left to do makes life soo much easier when you go back to the garage
ATB

speedyxjs

posted on 29/6/08 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Well done
Cant wait to see the vid

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

jollygreengiant

posted on 29/6/08 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Well done that man. Its a great feeling when it fires up for the first time. Does this mean that we will be seeing you in the Luego area's at shows soon.
Look forward to seeing the video.

Enjoy
JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

wilkingj

posted on 30/6/08 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Simon, our DVLA is nottingham... I think.
Go to Chelmsford, and the DVLA registration place is 1 mile up the road form the SVA centre.

I did it all in one day, but they were not happy at being un-anounced at the DVLA centre.
Also they told me I should go to Peterborough. Tell them thats miles in the wrong direction, and the SVA centre which you have just been to is only a mile away. I got mine done.

Might be best to Book SVA in the morning, and the DVLA in trhe afternoon.

It was worth the hassle to get it one all in one day. They didnt give me the reg or the plates certificate. they came in the post later.

Post up a load of pictures of the car, in the SVA section, and people will check it for you for SVA. Its worth it, and could save you a fail.

Give me a call if you want me to pop, over for a look.

Its a nice car, having already seen it.

Well done, and good luck.
Geoff

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
simonk

posted on 1/7/08 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
VIDEO AS PROMISED

Here a couple of links to some clips on youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppCdlcDyBpE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_vbGY2kKEo

Please ignore the voice over from my kids !

Cheers
Simon

Paul (Notts)

posted on 1/7/08 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Love the sound track

Paul

Dave J

posted on 1/7/08 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one, it sounds lovely, the kids are going to love it.

Cheers

Dave

repper

posted on 1/7/08 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
nice one mate that sounds the dogs cant wait to get mine to that stage

jim

[Edited on 1/7/08 by repper]

Jackaroo

posted on 3/7/08 at 05:17 AM Reply With Quote
Exellent job man. I also can't wait to get to that stage. Things seem to have gone so slow on my side but the end is in sight My Viento will also be orange and I just love your pic with the bonnet removed. How bout some more pics of your build. Down here south of the equator I'm a lonely Viento builder but the photo's of all you chaps who posted have been a great inspiration and has helped a lot to make things clear which I didn't understand. I will post my own photos soon

Cheers

Gerrie

wilkingj

posted on 3/7/08 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Gerrie, look in my Archive. There are all by build Photo's, plus a shedload I took of the Luego Demonstrator before I built mine. I used it so I knew where best to put things and run cables etc.

Thats the hardest part. You fit a part, then have to move it later as it gets in the way of something you fit at a later date.

Feel free to look... thats what they are there for.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jackaroo

posted on 4/7/08 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Your photos are indeed a source of inspiration Geoff. I have already looked at all of them and frequently do go back when I need clarity on something even of the tiniest detail
What I would like to know: the surround plate where the exhaust manifold exits the side panel, is that made of aluminium or stainless steel and what is the thickness? I will have to manufacture my own as Luego never supplied our local importer. Looking at it I would say 0.5 mm stainless steel laser-cut to that shape wouldn't look to bad?

phil4521

posted on 7/7/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Simon, look superb- I reckon I am six months behind you- excellent job and those exhausts look and sound fab- bw intereste to knowq if they pass the noise test. when you pass you can blast down to my house and give me a hand with the electrics

Well done.

phil4521

posted on 7/7/08 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
viento exhaust holes

Jackaroo, I used stainless, same guage as body panel ( I screwed up first panel so I had a spare) I measured Simons and got a local metal shop to plasma cut them to a size from a plan I gave them- cost £80 and look nice.

Stainless was a b****d to cut out the holes best method was to use an electric saw and lots of blades. Wife and neibours not happy as it made hell of a noise and a bit late (11pm) :

simonk

posted on 8/7/08 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Phil

Wouldn't mind finding out where you had the stainless cut as I will want to make a trim for the bonnet for when the real air filter goes on it after the SVA. Will let you know about the noise after the test, but have a couple of cunning plans. 1) remove discs from the pack to make it quieter 2) turn the pipes around a bit so that the shielded part is facing out toward the SVA man's microphone !

Cheers
Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.