Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: AVG 8.0.101
Hellfire

posted on 29/6/08 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
AVG 8.0.101

Having installed the latest AVG 8.0.101, it updates automatically on a daily basis but keeps asking for a restart which is a PITA. How do I fix this?

Phil

Peter M

posted on 29/6/08 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Install it a few weeks ago have not experienced this.

my previous cars

my westfield build

donut

posted on 29/6/08 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Me neither

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Moorron

posted on 29/6/08 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
is it still free? i cant seem to find it on their site?

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

Peteff

posted on 29/6/08 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
AVG free first option in the three columns.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Arthur

posted on 29/6/08 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Update

Getting here: Main Screen -> Main Menu Tools -> Advanced settings -> branch Update

This dialog enables you to specify what should happen when a new update is released and detected by your installation of AVG:

If you prefer not to be disturbed by AVG updates, and always complete the update at computer restart, select the Update upon next computer restart option.

Please note that this option is not recommended, especially not for users who keep their computers running most of the time, and restart rarely.

If you wish each update to be downloaded and installed as soon as it is released, select the Update immediately option. You can also specify what to do if the update requires computer restart:

· Require confirmation from the user – you will be asked if it is ok to restart the computer now, and if not, you can postpone the restart.

· Restart immediately – the computer will be restarted automatically; we recommend to check the box Require confirmation to close running applications (below in this dialog), too, to ensure that you do not lose any unsaved data.

· Complete at next computer restart – the update will be automatically postponed and completed at next restart. Please make sure that you restart as soon as possible.

In the Additional update options section, you can specify whether AVG should ask you for approval when closing down the computer. That way, you will be able to check and save your work before closing the applications.

Mark G

posted on 29/6/08 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
AVG is a free program. It has up until now had free antivirus updates. They have now changed the way they work and are no longer offering updates for free (As of next week).

If you still wish to use AVG then you'll either have no updates or will have to pay (£39.99 pa i think) for the use of their program.

I have just downloaded Avast and am about to uninstall AVG as Avast does everything and more that AVG does.

It's available from download.com or type Avast into google.

speedyxjs

posted on 29/6/08 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
We have the same problem at work (paid for AVG) although at home (free AVG) i dont.

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Mark G

posted on 29/6/08 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
For those of you who don't have the problem, do you often download the antivirus updates? Only reason I ask is that I update everytime my PC is on. Maybe the warning banner is downloaded in with the update's?

Peter M

posted on 29/6/08 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
regulary download updates,i normally check a few times a day.

my previous cars

my westfield build

oily85

posted on 29/6/08 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark G
AVG is a free program. It has up until now had free antivirus updates. They have now changed the way they work and are no longer offering updates for free (As of next week).

They're just stopping updates for AVG 7, so you have to upgrade to AVG 8, but there's still a free version of it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.