Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: i tunes
afj

posted on 2/7/08 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
i tunes

ive just moved my music collection into itunes all was ok untill this 1 album its called the anthems 2cds of various artists but instead of putting them into there own repective compilations it is splitting them all up so instead of cd1 having 21 tracks ive got 21 albums each with 1 track if that makes sence can anybody help
nib1980

posted on 2/7/08 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
edit the the names, or. filter on a differnt thing and it will gorup them
ravingfool

posted on 2/7/08 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
you may need to select all the tunes from the album and then right click to go to properties (or whatever it is passes for properties in itunes, i think it might be get info or something stupid, anyway, you'll figure it out)

and then make sure you have selected the option "compilation album" and then it gets over the fact that every song on the album has a different artist.

smart51

posted on 2/7/08 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
iTunes stores the files in folders on your hard drive, one folder per album. Just go in and move them. You then have to double click them for iTunes to "find" them.
RK

posted on 2/7/08 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Make a playlist and drag the songs into that. Makes things very easy. That way it doesn't matter what anything is called, it will always be in the Playlist. Save the playlist in your iTunes folder (underneath the iPod Music folders) and you can put it onto your iPod and get rid of it off your iPod anytime without losing the Playlist from the iTunes Music folder.

Alternatively, right click the song, select Info and change the names. It will have been saved as an Album anyways, so just search for that on your iPod and everything will be there.

Does that make any sense?

mcerd1

posted on 2/7/08 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
like above, edit the names / info and it should sort it out for you

use the 'compilation' tick box for various artists

and fill in 'album artist' for ones that are really one artist but have things like 'feat .........' or 'artist + ......' in the artist field (album artist is the folder it will go in, regardless of the artist for each track)

if like me you don't trust itunes to do it right then untick the 'keep itunes folder organized' box in preferences -> advanced

oh and always check the track names you get from CDDB, there are loads of mistakes like the compilation box being ticked when it shouldn't be - it drives me nuts ....or am I being to picky ?

afj

posted on 2/7/08 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
thanks everyone WHAT A PITA sorted now
The Great Fandango

posted on 2/7/08 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know if this is what you're referring to but in order to display a 'varous artists' type compilation correctly I recommend you:-

1. Add the "Album Artist" column to your iTunes music library

2. Highlight all the songs in the album, righ click select "Get Info" and make sure they all have the same "Album Artisr" (I use "Various"

3. While you're in the "Get Info" area make sure the compilation option is set to "Yes"

I'm a bit obsessive-compulsive but I actually turn all my double CD albums into long single albums. At the end of the day the only reason they're double albums is because of the 700mb storage capacity of CDs

[Edited on 2/7/08 by The Great Fandango]

He Who Dies With The Most Toys Dies The Happiest

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.