Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Yorkshire poem
chrisg

posted on 6/7/08 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yorkshire poem

The second wednesday of the month has come again,

We've been meeting at Ackworth since I don't know when.

There'll be cars and drivers all around, some of them are tossers, but some of them are sound

It's at the Angel inn, in the usual place, get your car out - show your face.

7.30 pm is the time that we meet, if you could make it for then that would be sweet.

Come along - it'll be the best by far, you can take the p*ss out of Steve and his flying car.

Chris

*Me? Fail english that's unpossible!!*

I couldn't find a rhyme for 500 yards from the roundabout at the junction of the A628/A638 towards Wakefield, but that's where it is!

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

austin man

posted on 6/7/08 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
well Ill pass this on to a few of the tossers then
chrisg

posted on 6/7/08 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Good man

Difficult to tell who's who isn't it!

cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

indykid

posted on 6/7/08 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
i'd imagine either group think the other ones are tossers, so maybe we're all tossers, or maybe we all know who the tossers are at heart.

whichever way it is, i was very impressed by your poem chris and i shall be in attendance

tom

chrisg

posted on 7/7/08 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Tossers in a good way, of course

Cheers

Chris

andyps

posted on 8/7/08 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Difficult choice for tomorrow evening:

Set off to Le Mans for the classic or go to The Angel. Le Mans or The Angel, Le Mans or The Angel.

Oh, sod it, The Angel is closer. No, second thoughts, sorry Chris, even with the poem I think I might just set off for Le Mans instead!

See you in September (I'm away in August too!)

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

chrisg

posted on 9/7/08 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
It's tonight - and it's pissing down here.

I'll probably be in the Presidential Volvo, unless it stops before 7.

Bugger.

Cheers

Chris

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.