Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal boxes
carlknight1982

posted on 8/7/08 at 06:17 AM Reply With Quote
Pedal boxes

Im almost at the rolling chassis stage with my IRS Locost, I want to get my pedal box done and fitted before i work on the steering colum, and advice on what master cyliners i should get and whose make of pedal box, its a standard front/rear disc setup with a cable clutch on a type 9
tomblyth

posted on 8/7/08 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
my advice woud be to trawl through the photo archive on here until you see one that you like use this as a starting point then change the design to make it perfect for you, then its just a matter of making it up! mine has the sierra master cylinder for the brakes ,cable to the clutch master and cable to the carbs ( MK pedels) see my photos,
BenB

posted on 8/7/08 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
You mention cylinders- are you thinking of going bias bar??? If you're sticking single cylinder with brake adjuster I'd stick with the Sierra part. Bias bar set-ups get a bit trickier re what size MCs to go for. If you are going for seperate MCs I'd go for external resevoirs- the internal reservoirs are tiny. Okay for racing but for road use a bit more fluid in reserve gives a bit of piece of mind (or to put it another way I've got internal reservoirs and I'm always worried I'm going to run out of fluid despite having the low fluid sensors)....
kango

posted on 11/7/08 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Wish somebody would post some drawing (like McSorley) for a basic box.
Rod Ends

posted on 12/7/08 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
tilton pedal box

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.