Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: which leccy shaver?
scotty g

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
which leccy shaver?

Hi all,
I have finally decided that i can't be arsed with wet shaving any more, I did manage to find a blade that doesn't leave me looking like an extra in a horror film but it cost £12.00 for a pack of 4 replacement blades!
So i'm looking for a leccy razor and thought i would ask you lot if you can recommend any.
Cheers.

UncleFista

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
If you want a slash-free shave, with blades that cost less than a quid for 5, try a nice "safety" razor.
They don't cut your face to ribbons, and if you have a nice razor LIKE MINE it turns it into quite a pleasurable experience

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

twybrow

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
I have had a waterproof Phillishave for 5 years now - it is awesome. Take it in the shower, use the in-built shaving gel, or use it dry. Either way, it works well, and the battery still lasts weeks, not days.

britishtrident

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotty g
Hi all,
I have finally decided that i can't be arsed with wet shaving any more, I did manage to find a blade that doesn't leave me looking like an extra in a horror film but it cost £12.00 for a pack of 4 replacement blades!
So i'm looking for a leccy razor and thought i would ask you lot if you can recommend any.
Cheers.

What ever you buy the cutter blades in them wear and can cost about 20 quid plus to replace.

The solution for me was a little 2 head Phillips Model 40 which runs on 2x AA batteries, whole thing costs a tenner from Sainsburys (with batteries included) I buy a new one every 2-3 months or so when the blades wear and keep the older one in the tintopcar.

[Edited on 9/7/08 by britishtrident]

Dangle_kt

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
unless you shave everyday (i dont cos I like a bit of stubble) then electric shavers struggle and even if I do use mine everyday the shave is crap compared to a decent wet shave.

just my opinion - I also have that phillips one mentioned earlier and it's been used about 10 times and I've given up.

mr henderson

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
I've used Braun razors for years, they usually last me at least several years and I've never had to change the cutters or foils.

John

chris_smith

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
2nd vote for the philishave great just take everywhere n the shower superb, but i do prefer a wet shave
MikeR

posted on 9/7/08 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
i'm on my second philishave. bought it last year, the previous one lasted over 10 years.
David Jenkins

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scotty g
Hi all,
I have finally decided that i can't be arsed with wet shaving any more

When I was around 17 or so I decided that shaving was a stupid way to start a morning... so I gave it up. I've had a beard for the last 40 years... much nicer to just comb my face in the mornings!

GeoffT

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, Phillishave for me too, I've used them all my (shaving) life, tried others, never as good. Will never be as close as a wet shave, but a lot less hassle.

I think the mistake a lot of new users of electric shavers make is pressing too hard on the skin - just gliding gently over gives best results for me.....or have I just drifted off subject.....

Simon

posted on 9/7/08 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
I shave once a week. Once of the benefits of being a further evolution human being I guess

I try and make a pack of blades last a year, and I still resent the prices to replace.

There's always laser treatment

ATB

Simon

Benzine

posted on 9/7/08 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
vote for grow a beard. I haven't spent anything on shaving stuff for about 3 years
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyps

posted on 15/7/08 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
I just replaced my last Braun with another - Boots have lots of them half price at the moment. I paid just over £50 for one with the cleaning system and it is shaving as close as a Gillette whatever their top one is with about 6 blades and a battery that I was given. Much less hassle as you can shave whilst doing other things rather than needing water etc. to hand.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.