Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Want o get into the 750MC
MK9R

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Want o get into the 750MC

I was going to enter the new lotus on track series for the elise/exige, then i blew my elise (honda engine) up and bought my ST BEC instead. So now i'm getting the urge to compete in the ST. Can anyone give me any links or pointers on exactly what i need to do to the car and for myself to get going in this class. The car is Stuart Taylor Locosaki (zx9r), its pretty basic so no need to strip a load of stuff out, although it does have a quaffe reverse box.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
www.bikecars.co.uk

You'll need to get a MSA 'Go Racing' pack and check the RGB specific regs on the 750MC website.

U2U Progers - he'll be able to tell you far more than me.

Just had a quick look at your pic. Your roll-bar is MSA-ok and you have reverse, so to compete you'll be looking at an extinguisher and master switch etc only.

To be competitive in Class B may be more of an effort.

[Edited on 10/7/08 by TimC]

82 Locost

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
http://www.750mc.co.uk/racing.php

Find a formula you like. Probably RGB?

They're racing at Donington this weekend, probably worth getting along to an event first to have a chat with some of the other racers?

MK9R

posted on 10/7/08 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Have been reading the 750mc website, the regs are all there, but its all just a bit confusing tro start with!! Awesome link, thanks!!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
D Beddows

posted on 10/7/08 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
You've got the wrong engine unfortunately. Swapping for a Fireblade engine would put you in class C with all the other Fireblade engined cars, ZX9 will put you in class B with all the R1s etc. You will probably keep up with the class C cars but you wont get the results because you wont keep up with the cars in your class. You may not think you're bothered about being competitive or getting points but that will probably only last till the first corner of your first race

[Edited on 10/7/08 by D Beddows]

procomp

posted on 10/7/08 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi what you could do with is someone local who knows the regs and will guide you through them and point out what will and will not be needed to make the car legal for the regs and MSA.

Give me a U2U if interested in a chat and natter whilst looking over the car Ect.

Cheers Matt

MK9R

posted on 10/7/08 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
procomp, yhm

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

progers

posted on 10/7/08 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Austen,

I don't think it will be a huge effort to get your car to meet the RGB regs. As others have mentioned, you will need to have a remotely activated extiguisher and a proper mast switch installed. After that it will be down to details of roll bar, rain light etc.

Do come along to a meeting and chat to the racers, even better get in contact with someone local to you who will advise.

A quick post on bikecars.co.uk will elicit a response from someone near to you.

The ZX9 will be fine in class B - while not the most competitive package Vs other 1000cc engines, it will be as fast as Class C cars and some of them are bloody fast! Its more about driver talent than anything - you'll certainly be racing with someone wherever you are in the pack.

Feel free to ask me any questions. Rest assured getting car ready fro racing is much simpler than the SVA!

- Paul

progers

posted on 10/7/08 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
A couple of questions

Live axled or IRS?
What diff ratio are you running?

I see you are Nr Birmingham, one of our committee members lives just south of Brum, I can get him to contact you if you wish.

- Paul

MK9R

posted on 10/7/08 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
i'm near worcester now, but work in birmingham (from next week), so that would be great.

its an IRS and i have a 3.38 diff

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

progers

posted on 10/7/08 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent, you should be OK for 120mph which is adequate for most tracks.

Our committee rep is based Nr Worcester so I will contact him and pass his details onto you.

Cheers

Paul

MK9R

posted on 10/7/08 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers
Excellent, you should be OK for 120mph which is adequate for most tracks.

Our committee rep is based Nr Worcester so I will contact him and pass his details onto you.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks!! I've also sent you email

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.