Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pro tech help
Timw

posted on 12/7/08 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Pro tech help

I was after some advice. I posted a few weeks ago about what i thought was the exhaust burning the nearside rear tyre. Turns out that its the arch rubbing the tyre and that the car sits about an inch lower on the passenger side. It wasnt like this when i bought the car in February. Does it sound like the suspension unit? I'm under the impression the person who had it before me hardly used the car with a passenger where as most timesi've been out its been 2 up. Could it be its been set firmer on the drivers side? Anyone with pro tech experience or any suggestions?

Tim

mr henderson

posted on 12/7/08 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
If the ride height is too low, you need to raise it.

Ideally you would pay attention to the corner weights, but in the meantime you need to raise the spring platform until the tyre stops rubbing.

It's not really to do with the make, and it's a spring rather than a shock absorber issue.

John

Timw

posted on 12/7/08 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, i've checked and both springs seem to be set about as long as the can go with only about 2 threads left to turn
mr henderson

posted on 12/7/08 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Timw
yeah, i've checked and both springs seem to be set about as long as the can go with only about 2 threads left to turn

Well that's OK because you will be raising the lower spring platforms, effectively pushing the car up. Try setting them both the same to start with, especially if the laod o the car varies

Timw

posted on 12/7/08 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, sorry. I realised as i posted that. Is it the platform on the pro techs that requires the C spanner?
Hellfire

posted on 12/7/08 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
The first thing I would suggest is checking the camber on your rear wheels. You might find that with a bit of camber and removing some of the return lip on the rear arches, you can avoid the tyre catching the rim.

Then try setting the car up so that the rear of the car is slightly higher than the front. Adjust your spring platforms at the rear so that it's level with two people in it (if that's how you prefer it) or better still, get it set up professionally.

Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.