Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal box design - Floor mounted.
kango

posted on 17/7/08 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
Pedal box design - Floor mounted.

Pedal width 40 to 50 mm - The foot area.

Pedal spacing
Measured a couple of tin tops and it seems to be about 90mm. Some has larger gaps to the tunnel to allow “clutch foot” to rest - RHD cars.
With the pivot point moved 75 mm back from tube C I get about 290 mm to space the pedals in. That leaves me with 55 mm per side if I space the box centrally.

Do you want it centrally?

Pedal length
Mostly about 200 to 220 from the floor.
This allows a 200 mm pedal if the pivot is 20 mm above the floor for the brakes and hydraulic clutch.

Pivot point For brake pedal. (Same for hydraulic clutch)
Work on a 1:5 ratio ?? So attaching cylinder to pedal at 40mm from pedal pivot.
Most master cylinders have a stroke of 25 to 30 mm. So top of pedal is going to move 30mm x 5 = 150 This useless info is needed to see there you mount the box on the floor to allow for full travel. By using some trig the pedal should be at 70 Deg to vertical
Pivot to floor is 20 mm off the floor

Pivot point for clutch pedal. (Cable clutch)
Work on a 1:5 ratio ?? So move the pedal pivot 40 mm up the pedal, and keep alignment the same as the clutch pedal.

Pivot point for fuel pedal. Identical to clutch, but with some holes to allow for ratio to be changed as the force is relatively small.

Please comment and I will draw it and make it available to all once I have corrected all my oversights.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.