Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sealed bid auction
omega 24 v6

posted on 28/7/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
Sealed bid auction

Well all you folk that said it would be a waste of time were wrong (ish) Wheel and column sold to madrally sport and no bids on the downlink at all. Given the amount of time and effort I was prepared to put into this (with U2U's etc) I am a bit disappointed with the level of interest but hey ho at least I tried. Perhaps no one wants these items anyway at the minute.
So everything else I have will go up soon on a first come first served basis.

Everything is in my photo archive under the for sale folder with some items showing a postage cost as well. Feel free to look and make an offer if you want. I'll make up a for sale post in due course.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

marmot0

posted on 28/7/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Im interested in the sierra steering wheel Cheers
clockwork

posted on 28/7/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
It's your stuff, you can sell it how you like :-)

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

blakep82

posted on 28/7/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clockwork
It's your stuff, you can sell it how you like :-)

aye, fill yer boots

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

omega 24 v6

posted on 28/7/08 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Well blow me it's advertised as a sealed auction for 3 days and it sells. Now that it's sold I have 3 U2U's asking how much i want for it You all had the chance to bid but didn't want to????????? You missed the posts???? very prvelent posts for 3 or 4 days discussing this as well.

[Edited on 28/7/08 by omega 24 v6]

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

JoelP

posted on 28/7/08 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote

blakep82

posted on 28/7/08 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Well blow me it's advertised as a sealed auction for 3 days and it sells. Now that it's sold I have 3 U2U's asking how much i want for it You all had the chance to bid but didn't want to????????? You missed the posts???? very prvelent posts for 3 or 4 days discussing this as well.

[Edited on 28/7/08 by omega 24 v6]

yeah... that'll happen...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

trikerneil

posted on 29/7/08 at 05:05 AM Reply With Quote
B*gger! - Did I miss a steering wheel?

Neil

ACE Cafe - Just say No.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mr henderson

posted on 29/7/08 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
One of the biggest problems with a sealed bid auction is that the bidders cannot see what the others have bid.

I know that''s the point, but it also the weakness.

In a normal auction each bidder knows exactly how much he needs to bid in order to have the highest (and therefore winning) bid. He also knows that he may be outbid, but then he can make a decision on what to do about that if and when if happens.

With sealed bids his first bid is his only bid, and although one might think that he would therefore bid to his limit, in practice many people when entering an auction are looking for a bargain, and the whole point for them is to buy it for less then the value they put on it.

John

scootz

posted on 29/7/08 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
I think it's just the psychology of it all... I'm happy to buy something I need when it's advertised with a price, but I wouldn't entertain entering a 'sealed auction' for the same thing!

Can't explain why...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.