Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Windscreen
Chris B

posted on 1/10/08 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Windscreen

It's on!!!.........Got the windscreen fitted with the help of 7-indulgence.com A little lazy I know but I spent two weeks just driving it around in the boot of my car! So it needed sorting and after only 3 days it was done and I have to be honest driving home was great! It's totally turned things around for me making this already great car comfortable over longer distances and upto around 80mph does not require the wearing of sun glasses etc. and I tested it up to speeds of 110mph (not on a public road of course) and it felt very stable. Im not too sure if the roof will fit because speaking to soft bits for sevens they said from the rollbar to the windscreen cannot be more than 1metre and Im sure Im well over that. Got new lighter CSR style wings fitted which look pretty good in gloss black to match the wheels to give a change to all over orange but cant seem to take my eye of them when Im driving, just waiting for them to start flapping loose but so far so good! Thought I'd accidently drove over the grand canyon the ammount of pot holes I hit on the way to Brighton the other day but all is well on the car...not so sure about my arse though so a couple of removable pads required for my shell seats especially because my lower back never seems to touch the backrest so any ideas welcome??? I'll get some pictures thrown on ASAP for a couple of you that were thinking of fitting one. Cheers
BenB

posted on 1/10/08 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
One thing I would say is watch out for road spray.

With a screen on you get some funky vortexes happening around the back of the screen. If there's lots of road spray it can end up on the inside of the windscreen (a bit of a problem when the wipers are on the outside!!!)....

Johneturbo

posted on 1/10/08 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
I wanna see some pics
how did you find the wind noise, was it reduced?
If/when (hopefuly when) i build again i might be tempted

Agriv8

posted on 2/10/08 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
here is mine fitted !

Description
Description

Description
Description

When rug rat allows I will hopefully be getting arround to a set of half doors.

regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 2/10/08 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

paublo999

posted on 2/10/08 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
tell me more about that air scoop? is that the MNR one blended into the bonnet?

cheers
Paul.

Agriv8

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
It is the MNR one, Expertly fitted by myself ( just bolted through ).

Have a look through my photo archive MNROZ and there are some further photos.

Regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 2/10/08 by Agriv8]

Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Krismc

posted on 2/10/08 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Love that windscreen!!

cant afford one this year, i have the same bonnet scoop as well, suits the car great

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Chris B

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
aha! I see you also have no rear view mirror fitted! any ideas as I haven't looked yet??? Was going to find myself one of those mk1 fiesta style stick on jobs.....classy! Also I have to say wipers are pending how I get on with the screen but will probably do soon as I'm enjoying! Wind noise is greatly reduced...only my right ear was bleeding when i got home!(due to the wind skimming by my lug) Which is good but I still keep the ear plugs in so I don't hear the rattles etc, stop's me being so paranoid everytime I hear something!!! Anyway maybe it's my ear lobes that are the problem?.......Agriv8....would like to see the half doors when there done but for now I will ducktape my lobes, there's a credit crunch you know!!!
Agriv8

posted on 2/10/08 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Chris.

The rear view mirror is a panoramic one from ebay ( its actually for keeping an eye on the little ones While in the back). the clip was trimmed down and attached to the screen with one of the rear view mirror sticky tabs.

I still get quite a lot of noise in right lug ( but at least I can breath while at 60 ( without the skid lid on )

Hald door's will be hopfully done over winter mnr CNC lathe permitting.

RE the credit crunch Ballcoccks to that fuel at 60p per mile ( work it out ?? ) oh well

regards

Agriv8

coozer

posted on 7/10/08 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Huh! hairdryers and screens, whatever next?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Agriv8

posted on 8/10/08 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
one of those rubber blow up ring to ease mi 'Nobby Styles'

And a set of Caravan steps to help me get in over the exhaust

regards

Agriv8

paublo999

posted on 8/10/08 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
anyone tried/purchased half doors?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.