Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego Owners Club At Exeter Show
jollygreengiant

posted on 2/10/08 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Luego Owners Club At Exeter Show

I have just received an email from the chap who organises the Exeter show, the body of the email is as follows :-

Hi all, I have three stands available at the Exeter show for club displays. Please ring me if your club can put on an indoor display of one car to promote your club there is no charge. It will be necessary to have the stand in place by 8.30 am at the latest on the Saturday morning and break down will be around 5pm on Sunday. It will not be possible to remove the car before this time.

Now I will not be in a position to attend the show, however I know that we have quite a few builders/owners down that way who might be interested in going to the show. If you are interested in going down the route of an inside display of your car(s) for the duration of the show then please let me know and I will see what I can sort out.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

cryoman1965

posted on 2/10/08 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
They must be desperate to fill the hall sending emails like that.
Sounds like it will be a c@@p show if they cant even fill the main hall.

N

James

posted on 2/10/08 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
It's actually usually a pretty good show.

Smaller than some but I've usually enjoyed myself there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

jollygreengiant

posted on 2/10/08 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cryoman1965
They must be desperate to fill the hall sending emails like that.
Sounds like it will be a c@@p show if they cant even fill the main hall.

N

Well I had a feeling I would get one post back like this.

As Kit Car Owners and Builders we get out of these shows what WE put into them. Should we be part of this countries/worlds financial problems by NOT doing something. OR should we say yep there is a problem but maybe, just maybe we can help ourselves, even if the mega rich fat cats are not prepared to help. By helping out then maybe we can show these lazy fat cats just what a bunch of total t*$$£rs they are.

As general organiser for the Luego Owners Club I think I can safely say that for most of the year our displays are attended by a hardcore group of built car owners and the meetings boosted by attendance of builders. So far we have not had a 'Bad' display due to the effort put in by these few. However it would be grossly unfair of me to ask those from north or east of me to go due to the mileage involved. However, I think it would be fair of me to offer some of our more southerly members the chance to promote our group at this show.

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

bill132hotrod

posted on 2/10/08 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Exeter Show

Hi all Unfortunatly I willnot be able to go to Exeter this year due to theFact that I have to work because of the new toll charging system takes place that weekend, If I could have gone i would have jumped at the chance of having my car on show inside after all thats the whole idear of building the car and to the best of my ability i would have been over the moon to have the opertunity to show off another Luego and be proud of it Still its not for me this year , the cars not quite ready due to the hold up of parts from Ben never mind you will be seeing me at the shows next year thats for sure , good luck all and i hope the weather is good for Exeter,
Regards BILL

PERSEVERANCE is the word of the week. Stick with it the results are SWEET.

Snuggs

posted on 2/10/08 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Bit far for me Clive

Also I would have to clean it

Clive

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/snuggstcb
Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does.
I doubt therefore I may be.
Luposlipophobia : Fear of being chased by wolves around a freshly waxed kitchen floor, while wearing only socks on your feet.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
http://www.venganza.org
http://www.jesusandmo.net/
http://www.snuggs.co.uk

Dusty

posted on 2/10/08 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
Exeter is an ace little show and the organisers don't have trouble filling the hall with a few stalls out in the open as well. Oddly the weather is usually kind. The hall is crammed full of manufacturers, accessories and a couple of club stands. (I believe these are offered in rotation to interested clubs.) Well attended by kitcar owners/builders and the general public. Fair number of cars come 200 miles to attend at despite the month.
I could be one of the booked exhibitors can't attend or has gone bust and the organisers are offering a paid for space for free.

[Edited on 2/10/08 by Dusty]

rusty nuts

posted on 2/10/08 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Please sir, can I be excused? Not sure if I'm going or not but if I did I would need to be away too early on the Sunday to be of help . If the weather is kind I may go but I doubt if I will be camping as I'm getting soft in my old age. And as for Bills excuse, ain't that bridge paid for yet??
NeilP

posted on 2/10/08 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Distance not chronic (excuse to go through the hills south of Bristol ), weather could be a bugger but it's a big ask for the two days unless you're trailering - Could we do it with two cars?...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

jollygreengiant

posted on 3/10/08 at 07:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Distance not chronic (excuse to go through the hills south of Bristol ), weather could be a bugger but it's a big ask for the two days unless you're trailering - Could we do it with two cars?...

According to his email there is only space for one car on the display stand and once on it (pre 08:30hrs sat) it cant come off till late Sunday. I would have thought this means that who ever does it is really going to need to go with someone else so that there could be some sort of shifting for breaks and also to go and get supplies as necessary.

edit bit.
That is, I don't want to stop anyone from going, in fact I would encourage people to go. As I said originally just let me know if you want to do the display and I will contact the organiser and see what we can get sorted.

[Edited on 3/10/08 by jollygreengiant]

NeilP

posted on 3/10/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Clive, Couldn't do the two days - just too much on and I'd go stir crazy hanging aound for two solid days. If the weather is forecast OK then we'll consider the blat down the A38...

Cheers, Neil.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.