Author: Subject: mini kit
woodster

posted on 9/10/08 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
mini kit

this was on www.theminiforum.co.uk .... the zcars one looks a beast

http://www.sprintworks.co.uk/index.html

Humbug

posted on 9/10/08 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Very confusing site! Is it related to ZCars or not? If not, how does he get away with putting their pics and name on his site?

No prices, delivery, details.

I would fancy doing a plastic mini like that (a la FRA Mini, if anyone has seen them?)

carpmart

posted on 9/10/08 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Very confusing site! Is it related to ZCars or not? If not, how does he get away with putting their pics and name on his site?

I would fancy doing a plastic mini like that (a la FRA Mini, if anyone has seen them?)

I'm with what he says 100%

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

iank

posted on 9/10/08 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
FRA got bought out (though there were claims their moulds needed a lot of work).

This one looks like the Stuart and Arden (originally made by Hawk) moulds have been found again - they were owned by a company that went bankrupt, can't remember the name right now.

Always wanted one, but the manufacturers all seem to get nailed by BMW lawyers as soon as they pop up.

I think the Z-cars thing is more about a collaboration rather than trying to knick the name.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Stott

posted on 9/10/08 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug

Looks like he's made the grp mini and all refs to the Z cars one is just showing a Z cars conversion using his body, I'm usually wrong though............

Triton

posted on 9/10/08 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
The name you are looking for is Rally Sport Replicas who were/are in Naseby Northants and as far as I know they still have the Hawk moulds for the standard shell and the Stewart and Arden one....BUT they were not very good moulds and had a lot of filler in the shell before they went out.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 9/10/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.zcars.org.uk/

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

uklee70

posted on 9/10/08 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
I went to Z cars a few months ago and they have a fibreglass company in another unit making the bodies for z cars I think it's the same company.

The red sprint is the car chris is racing this season.

Zcars also have a brand new rolling road!!!

so if anyone is up our way pop along and go see,

When I was last there they were building a road legal full size version on a bat mobile it looked great.

Lee

[Edited on 9/10/08 by uklee70]

UncleFista

posted on 9/10/08 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

When I was last there they were building a road legal full size version on a bat mobile it looked great.

Lee

This one ?

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

iank

posted on 9/10/08 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
The name you are looking for is Rally Sport Replicas who were/are in Naseby Northants and as far as I know they still have the Hawk moulds for the standard shell and the Stewart and Arden one....BUT they were not very good moulds and had a lot of filler in the shell before they went out.

The's the company. 99% sure they went bust, something to do with them having Banham moulds which were under a legal cloud.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

woodster

posted on 9/10/08 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
the price list is on theminiforum £2200 for a complete mini shell without windows another £200 for a polished no need to paint shell ....... Chris from Zcars has a zcars section on the forum
COREdevelopments

posted on 9/10/08 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
nice but i prefer a mini minus. i believe they are now producin more minus shells. would love one as my next project. also love the position of the turbo on the batmobile!!

rob

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.