Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Selecting the correct paint colour?
tegwin

posted on 2/11/08 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
Selecting the correct paint colour?

I am trying to match (as close as possible) the paint colour on my TVR...(it has been re-sprayed and I dont know the code!)

I bought a couple of paints from halfords that look "about right" on the tin...but one is to dark, and one is to light..... One also happens to be a pearlesant...which is the perfect colour...but its a pearlesant...which is not ideal..

Are there any charts that compare the colours of vehicle paints so I can choose a slightly "darker" shade of blue than the one I have etc?

I would love to be able to get close....its never going to look perfect, but it will do for now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

mr henderson

posted on 2/11/08 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know the answer, I'm afraid, but have you considered paintng the roof in a different colour? Used to be quite popular at one time

John

Peteff

posted on 2/11/08 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
It's an old car,fit a trendy 70s vinyl roof

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Shamrock GS

posted on 2/11/08 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Halfords can match to a sample using a digital sampler (or somesuch) and produce aerosols. I brought the boot of an MGB GT in and they did an almost perfect match.

Gary

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

blakep82

posted on 2/11/08 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
halfords also can mix tins of paint, they have a book full of all the different paint colours on production cars, and will let you flick through the book to find the right one

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

McLannahan

posted on 2/11/08 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
I had Halfords mix some paint up last week. Actually a good match. £10.99 it was. It's Holt paint and sprays quite well too - better than their normal flick cans!

tegwin

posted on 2/11/08 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm.... As it happens I have a door from the car in my tintop.....il tuck it under my arm and go for a wonder into Halfords on my lunchbreak

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.