Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine Mounts, Which Side?
Nosey

posted on 2/11/08 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Engine Mounts, Which Side?

Hi all, just getting around to fitting my engine and I found two spare engine mounts on a shelf. They look like the Westfield type ones, about 3 1/2 inch diameter with two studs each side. Thing is, one is approx 1 1/2 inches thick, the other about 2 1/2 inches thick. Any suggestions as to which side of the engine they should go (it's a C20xe)?
Shamrock GS

posted on 2/11/08 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
50/50 chance. Try them one way, if the engine is upright, so are you, if it leans swap them!

Gary

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

blakep82

posted on 2/11/08 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
the triangular plate should go on the intake saide

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

blakep82

posted on 2/11/08 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
actually, reading that again, have you got any photos?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Nosey

posted on 3/11/08 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry, badly explained. What I meant was, if you had two engine mounts like these (link) Westfiled Mounts but one was thicker between the mounting faces than the other, which side of the engine would you mount, say, the thicker one? The engine pulls up on the PS mount and down on the DS mount if I remember right, so would there be a "best" side for the mounts? I am building the rest of the mounting brackets from scratch, so it's just a matter of picking a side really.

There, clear as mud. I'll try and get some photos tonight.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.