Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Buy one, get one free!!
02GF74

posted on 4/11/08 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
Buy one, get one free!!

<-- linky

Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/11/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
If its not embarrasing enough to have bought one of them, everyone will see you have bought two!!!

Just think what this offer will do to the 2nd hand value of these cars if the market gets "flooded" with the extra unwanted "brand new" 2nd hand ones. Do you think the market can handle an extra 4 or 5 cars coming onto the market in a short space of time??

smart51

posted on 4/11/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
"Quality is not a word you would associate with the Avenger" - 4Car
"All three engines on offer will reach 62mph in around 10 seconds and all achieve the same 124mph top speed, despite the differing power outputs." - 4Car
"the petrol is poor, particularly with the optional auto gearbox" - Auto Express
"the Avenger feels slothful and numb and every bit as heavy as its 1635kg kerbweight would suggest" - 5th Gear
"Bad interior, bad engine, bad ride - but at least there's an interesting cup-holder" - The Independant
"The interior ... is just a sea of blandness" - The Independant
"Dodge is dubbing the launch 2.0-litre petrol and 2.0-litre turbo diesel power units as "World Engines". If it had prefixed the appellation with "Third" it might be nearer the truth" - The Independant

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/11/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah but how many manufactures like Chrysler have been building completely the wrong type of cars that most people don’t want like SUV’s and huge gas guzzlers well after the fuel price went so high. There is a car sales place just along from my house and I walk past every day, all the 4x4’s and BMW’s are not shifting, some have been there for months yet he’s always go new small cars. It’s their own fault for being so stupid.

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oldtimer

posted on 4/11/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
I hired one of these this summer in the states. It was a pretty poor vehicle.

What could be worse than a Dodge Avenger?

Two Dodge Avengers.

donut

posted on 4/11/08 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Why don't they just drop the price??

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
l0rd

posted on 4/11/08 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote

Any ideas if caterham or westfield will do the same?

They are not dropping the price cause they need to get rid of the stock.

[Edited on 4/11/08 by l0rd]

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/11/08 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
they'll start leaving them on your drive at night when you are in bed...

l0rd

posted on 4/11/08 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent. That was the news i was hopping to hear for longtime now.
maartenromijn

posted on 4/11/08 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Why don't they just drop the price??

I guess they want to get rid of the stock (stock=money). AND, because you have to bring it to the garage so often, they can earn back the money on car-mechanic rates!

BLOG: http://thunderroad-super7.blogspot.com/

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/11/08 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
you could bolt the two cars together to make one big twin engined car and fit out the back half with TVs and a bed for when stuck in the gridlock, very handy also if you have 8 kids...

oldtimer

posted on 4/11/08 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Two for one shifts twice as much stock as half price.
RK

posted on 4/11/08 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
The American car industry has been building crap nobody wants for so long they are about to pay the big price. They wouldn't listen when everyone bought Toyotas et al, and they still don't get it. Their demise is imminent, but unfortunately, they are taking the economy of southern Ontario, Canada, and many parts of the US with them. They are building the same crap they started with in about 1908: a steel frame and some steel wrapped around it. OK, maybe this one's a bit different, but basically, pickups for farmers are what they do. Period.

No, they put someone on drugs or something and came up with the Corvette - the supercar deal of the last two centuries. But just the one.

[Edited on 4/11/08 by RK]

Paul TigerB6

posted on 4/11/08 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

Only if half the number of people are willing to pay £20k for a pile of junk!! I'd hazard a guess they would shift more stock offering them at £10k and selling more of them!

TOO BADD

posted on 4/11/08 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
A word of thought.. who is going to buy all these cars that are already made and sitting in large car parks and are not selling?
When they do eventually sell they could be a few years old.

speedyxjs

posted on 4/11/08 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think alot of you are missing the big point. Surley you could buy the two cars and sell them both on at say £15000 and make yourself an easy £10000?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Simon

posted on 4/11/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
57 plate Avenger SXT 2.4's are now worth.....

about £10k.

So buying two new for £20k seems a bit steep

And only 3 1/2 stars on Euro NCAP!!!!

ATB

Simon

Liam

posted on 5/11/08 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oldtimer

For cans of baked beans at sainsbury's maybe, but cars??? Two lardy saloon cars to put somewhere, two lots of first year tax, two lots of insurance... mmm yes please

quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
I think alot of you are missing the big point. Surley you could buy the two cars and sell them both on at say £15000 and make yourself an easy £10000?

Er... you just go ahead then - I think you might be onto something! On the other hand you just might struggle to find people willing to pay 15k for second hand ones

Liam

PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/11/08 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Here they are only just over £11000

http://www.carpricechecker.co.uk/new/DODGE/AVENGER/2.4-SXT-4dr-Auto-Saloon-Petrol/9/37182/prices

or just over £8000 for the 2 litre model,they have got to be a good buy for that sort of money for a large saloon.

http://www.carpricechecker.co.uk/new/DODGE/AVENGER/2.0-SE-4dr-Saloon-Petrol-M/9/37180/prices

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.