Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Winter night driving
scoobyis2cool

posted on 27/12/04 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Winter night driving

Just been out for a 1.5 hour blast in sub zero temperatures in the dark while it was pi**ing it down. One word - awesome!

I got completely soaked and my face was black with dirt but I had a great time! The roads were dead as well which makes a change.

I've decided on my next modification as well now - a wind deflector!

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tom_loughlin

posted on 27/12/04 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
one word for you - mad (but i would say that cuz im jelous!)
and, to think there are some people out there who say these are fair weather cars!

tom

Peteff

posted on 27/12/04 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
I've decided on my next modification as well now - a wind deflector!

You need therapy. Wait till you see the state of the car in daylight, you will clean that mess up.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Hellfire

posted on 27/12/04 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Thankfully you got back in one piece (she says missus!). The seven isn't exactly designed for winter night driving is it?

nicklondon

posted on 28/12/04 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
i passed a guy out in his 7 yesterday on the A444 near Nuneaton.he was wearing a flying helmet and goggles but it was about 2 °c
scoobyis2cool

posted on 28/12/04 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not sure how cold it was last night but I felt surprisingly ok-ish driving round in just a warm top. I tried to wear a hat but it kept trying to fly off!

I knew it wouldn't be the best conditions on the roads so I was just taking it easy, more a cruise round than anything else. There wasn't any point in flooring it anyway, the wheels just spun, even in 3rd!

Pete

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RoadkillUK

posted on 28/12/04 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Me and my 10 yr old daughter went out for a bit on boxing day, it was somewhere near 0 degrees and believe me, it was cold.

We only went out for about 45 mins, she had a thick scarf covering most of her face and also a hat on, I was stupid enough to go out with a pair of shades !!

She was fine, warm and I was freezing, keeping speeds below 40mph so I didn't black out

Still, enjoyed every frozen minute of it

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

Jasper

posted on 28/12/04 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
I took mine out for a little local blast the other evening - spent most of the time going sideways under power

Next one will have windscreen heater and sidescreens!!

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

scoobyis2cool

posted on 28/12/04 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Ashurst
Pete,
Where in Sutton are you, I'm just off for a spin and could drive by.
Dave

I live in Walmley which is a few miles out of Sutton, but only about a 5 minute drive. Shame I missed you, I was out driving at the time!

The more I drive it the better it gets, it really feels like it's bedding itself in nicely. Just put some Optimax in today as well which should hopefully give the engine a bit of a boost

Pete

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.