Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Using Mobile Phone when driving
loggyboy

posted on 2/3/17 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy

I think they mean by contact with the phone (panning around it by finger). Having been fined for a CU80 (mobile phone use) the police kindly pointed out that the moment you touch a mobile communication device, regardless of reason, you're committing an offence. My fine was on a deserted road (literally no-one about) at midnight, stopped at some traffic lights while trying to find a lost and alone girlfriend in a "foreign" city I hit the speakerphone button with it on the dash - police came out of hiding down a side road/commercial carpark entrance with all lights blazing, got two more cars for backup and breathalising. Bit of a joke over-reaction but by the word of the law I was in the wrong so I didn't argue.

edit to add:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/driving-laws-changing-heres-you-12669480

[Edited on 1/3/17 by coyoteboy]

Thats not correct, you can use a mobile or similar device if its not hand held, they only exception is if that 'You must stay in full control of your vehicle at all times. The police can stop you if they think you’re not in control because you’re distracted. This include if you’re using devices like your sat nav or car radio.'

https://www.gov.uk/using-mobile-phones-when-driving-the-law

It’s illegal to use a hand-held phone or similar device while driving, or riding a motorcycle.

[Edited on 2-3-17 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.