Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Which chassis? New Build!
Slimy38

posted on 7/4/12 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with AdrianH. I have 'build a car for £250', 'build a car on a budget', and Tiger Racings latest book and I'm not convinced any of them are 100%. Although the Tiger book may just be my poor interpretation of their drawings! At the very least if you build any of the three you might want to add a few more braces here and there.

I'd also suggest looking at the MX5 modifications that NTS Engineering put together, there's a few good ideas in there that may be of use to you;

http://www.ntsengineering.co.uk/mx5.php

nickharding

posted on 7/4/12 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for your input Adrian,

This is where I downloaded the file from... (Sorry if the link is breaking any rules, was unsure)

After looking through the file and spending the time reading it. I cannot see any problems with the chassis build looking at the diagrams.

What do you mean amendments? Tried having a look for these over the last half hour and cannot find them?

This forum is so helpful. Lots of great information here.

nickharding

posted on 7/4/12 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
I agree with AdrianH. I have 'build a car for £250', 'build a car on a budget', and Tiger Racings latest book and I'm not convinced any of them are 100%. Although the Tiger book may just be my poor interpretation of their drawings! At the very least if you build any of the three you might want to add a few more braces here and there.

I'd also suggest looking at the MX5 modifications that NTS Engineering put together, there's a few good ideas in there that may be of use to you;

http://www.ntsengineering.co.uk/mx5.php

The one thing I would do is add extra bracings into the chassis. Want it super strong and super stiff.

Looking at Adrian's post, he said i could modify the chassis to have a more narrow tunnel, allowing more footwell space. Well was thinking about it and i may leave it standard as then it gives me the option of fitting a car engine if i fancy a change some day.

AdrianH

posted on 7/4/12 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry I should have posted a link.

It is the Haynes Roadster forum: - http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2430

I find this forum to be a lot better, basically as it is not make specific there is a wider knowledge base, you still get bitching but one can cut through that quite easily.

The book amendments had changes to the rear wishbones to take the standard Sierra drive shafts, a few changes to mistake in the book.

I think it was first printed in February 2007, so if the copywright page says this then it will have the mistakes in it.

The chassis was basically designed by Martin Keenan who has a very strong following in the kit world.

I do not worry about downloads and treat them as a lets have a look before I make my mind up thing.

You mentioned using a busa engine with turbo. There will be great debates to be found on which way to go bike or car engined, all I can say is that when you make up your mind stick with it. i see lots of threads with builders changing minds part way through and it tends to mean a few builds never finish and end up as be sold as a part built.

That may be of benefit to you thinking about it.

Anyway ask away with any questions the wealth of knowledge on here is astounding.

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

nickharding

posted on 7/4/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Adrian.

Would you mind if i contacted you over U2U? Might find chatting a little easier

Nick.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.