Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK BEWARE
shorts

posted on 9/4/11 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
MK BEWARE

ITS ALMOST 8 MONTHS NOW STILL NO EXHAUST MANIFOLD, YOU PAY THEM 8 GRAND AND THEN THEY P*SS YOU AROUND, PROMISES ALL THE TIME. 45 EMAILS SENT OVER A DOZEN PHONE CALLS, EVEN LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD THAT IT HAD BEEN SENT ASK FOR A COMPANY NAME AND TRACKING NUMBER AND TO NO SUPPRISE THEY IGNORE YOU, LAST WEEK I WAS ABOUT TO GET ZORSTECH TO MAKE ONE BUT AGAIN WAS LIED TO SO THATS ANOTHER WEEK LOST. THEY MAYBE BUSY BUT HEY FOR HOW MUCH LONGER IF THEY DONT LOOK AFTER THERE EXISTING CUSTOMERS.

ALSO MISSED OUT ON OUR FIRST HILLCLIMB EVENT SO NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THE NEXT EITHER. MNR WILL HAVE THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEWN UP THIS YEAR.

Mark Allanson

posted on 9/4/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Has Darren George bought MK?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

shorts

posted on 9/4/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Has Darren George bought MK?

WISH SOMEONE WOULD

Mr Whippy

posted on 9/4/11 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
first person I seen on here do such a complaint about MK

45 emails, they must think your a cyberstalker

[Edited on 9/4/11 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chicade

posted on 9/4/11 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
i must say everytime i have ever delt with MK its been a pleasure and more than helpfull and a swift service no complaints from me what so ever.great bunch of guys down there nothing seems to much trouble in my opinion

I am not being funny but if the exhaust is such a problem why not jump in the car and go see them........

mistergrumpy

posted on 9/4/11 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
I too had a massive wait when I ordered my exhaust back in 2008. I was being fobbed off by "Baz" and when it came the headers where different lengths. I don't see why the o/p should have to make his way over from Guernsey at his expense to get the parts that have been paid for in good faith and with an agreed delivery timescale.
designer

posted on 9/4/11 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

jump in the car and go see them........

Long way from Guernsey, and wet too.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
slingshot2000

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I am not being funny but if the exhaust is such a problem why not jump in the car and go see them........

Maybe thats a bit of someone not reading everything, the OP is in Gurnsey, so it isnt as simple as

'jump in the car and go see them'

If they had taken 8k off me, I'd be annoyed, to say the least!

Regards
Jon

Greenie

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
I ordered my exhaust on a Monday about 3 weeks ago and it was on my door step by the next week, I found Danny a pleasure to deal with, ordered other bits which they had in stock and they were here within a week...... no complaints at all......
noc231073

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
I SECOND EVERYTHING ABOVE
I was in exactly the same boat. I was lied to week after week ...until i got in my jeep booked a ferry and drove to get my parts that i had already paid for and been promised for weeks they were going to be shipped it cost me 600 euros for the trip.....

As for mr whippy you havent been reading the thread on here lately, there has been nothing bout complaints about MK treatment of their customers.

shorts

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greenie
I ordered my exhaust on a Monday about 3 weeks ago and it was on my door step by the next week, I found Danny a pleasure to deal with, ordered other bits which they had in stock and they were here within a week...... no complaints at all......

i had one with the kit but it was miles out the silencer would have been higher that the side of the car and was sticking out around 500mm from the body, i sent it back as asked and have not seen any thing since. i admit they were a pleasure to deal with but after 8 months thing get a bit heated.

shorts

posted on 9/4/11 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
I SECOND EVERYTHING ABOVE
I was in exactly the same boat. I was lied to week after week ...until i got in my jeep booked a ferry and drove to get my parts that i had already paid for and been promised for weeks they were going to be shipped it cost me 600 euros for the trip.....

As for mr whippy you havent been reading the thread on here lately, there has been nothing bout complaints about MK treatment of their customers.

it costs me around 700quid to get up there as i did when i needed the bodywork replaced which is when i took the old exhaust with me, if i would of known it would come to this i would have kept it and had it modified, anyway ifs a big word.

marcjagman

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Didn't they used to have a good reputation? It amazes me hoe they can take so much money of someone and then lie or give stupid excuses as to where the parts are, I would have thought it would do more good to be honest and admit to not having stock, forgotten about it or maybe offer a refund. Using being busy as an excuse is no good, not too busy to take your money though so it seems. I have sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation with any company.
shorts

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
Didn't they used to have a good reputation? It amazes me hoe they can take so much money of someone and then lie or give stupid excuses as to where the parts are, I would have thought it would do more good to be honest and admit to not having stock, forgotten about it or maybe offer a refund. Using being busy as an excuse is no good, not too busy to take your money though so it seems. I have sympathy for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation with any company.

i think the next step is trading standards but its a bit difficult when you live overseas.

indykid

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
I too had a hell of a job getting a manifold from MK.

Both Baz and Phil told me they'd have it in next week for about.....3 months.

When they finally got it in, I went down to get it to find the price had gone up £30 since I ordered it. I argued, they said take it or leave it.

Now that's what I call service....

Sounds like Danny's playing the game right at least

ETA - for reference, this was in 2006

[Edited on 9/4/11 by indykid]

noc231073

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
i think the next step is trading standards but its a bit difficult when you live overseas.

Yes and I think they know that also !!!!!. It seems the further you are away from them the less they want to sort any issues out..
This all happens after they take your money ofcourse .
I paid them for brand new wheels and tyres ...all I got was wheels never got the tyres...they tried to fob me off with a second hand wheels and f**ked slicks off Dannys race car ....
Still never got my tyres and theres nothing I can do because I live in Ireland

BUT THERE IS OTHER WAYS TO SKIN A CAT

Davegtst

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
I thought i had it bad waiting a month for a scuttle panel and then receiving it to find out it was bent out of shape. After countless calls and emails i was told to 'make it fit' and the phone was hung up. I also had to drive 130 miles to MK to collect a new manifold as mine was completly wrong and didn't fit only to get a secondhand one from danny's race car that still isn't right. This along with loads of other things wrong with the car that had to be sorted out at my expense. This is after i gave them over 8K! Where's Austinman? He usually likes to stick up for MK all the time.

[Edited on 9/4/11 by Davegtst]

shorts

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Yes and I think they know that also !!!!!. It seems the further you are away from them the less they want to sort any issues out..
I paid them for brand new wheels and tyres ...all I got was wheels never got the tyres...they tried to fob me off with a second hand wheels and f**ked slicks off Dannys race car ....

a freind of mine had new wheels from them they got here and he found they had been sprayed because they were a different colour under the paint so maybe second hand also. skin a cat???

no wonder danny can afford to go racing with a new car, paid for by customers money.

yours is looking good when will you be finished?

shorts

posted on 9/4/11 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

a freind of mine had new wheels from them they got here and he found they had been sprayed because they were a different colour under the paint so maybe second hand also. skin a cat???

no wonder danny can afford to go racing with a new car, paid for by customers money.

yours is looking good when will you be finished?

shorts

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

austin man

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I dont stick up for MK when its a service issue I have stepped in to the arguments around the roll cage and steering, I dont condone poor service at all. I understand that service can be affected due to a lot of things ie really busy, staff shortages, etc etc. Attitude can also cause poor service as well.

I am aware that MK do read the forums and I have even advised people via u2u that bringing issues online without allowing reasonable time to resolve will eneviatably cause a kick back from MK. I am not saying that this applies here in this instance nor in all the others but it has happened and is still happening. I would always recommend the be polite approach it would appear that everyone who has contacted Danny appears to have had the issues addressed. Danny would be my first port of call.

Unfortunately airing the problems on here only appears to drive the rift between supplier and customer further especially when others who have had no dealings with MK start to use this for their gain.

If I can do any thing to try and help please U2U me and I will pass it on

quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
I thought i had it bad waiting a month for a scuttle panel and then receiving it to find out it was bent out of shape. After countless calls and emails i was told to 'make it fit' and the phone was hung up. I also had to drive 130 miles to MK to collect a new manifold as mine was completly wrong and didn't fit only to get a secondhand one from danny's race car that still isn't right. This along with loads of other things wrong with the car that had to be sorted out at my expense. This is after i gave them over 8K! Where's Austinman? He usually likes to stick up for MK all the time.

[Edited on 9/4/11 by Davegtst]

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Davegtst

posted on 9/4/11 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
I would always recommend the be polite approach it would appear that everyone who has contacted Danny appears to have had the issues addressed. Danny would be my first port of call.

You are joking right? The whole point of this thread is shorts has been waiting for 8 months and nothing has been done. Same story with me, NOC231073 and quite a few others i have spoken too. The polite approach doesn't work with MK, there wern't exactly polite back to me either.

austin man

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
If you read my thread Im not saying it doesnt or hasnt happened, my main point is that airing on the forum is really achieving anything and that most people who have dealt with Danny have had the problem resolved .

I wouldn't think that any company would like the amount of negative press that this forum is generating at the minute, this in itself must have cost MK a few cars in the past few weeks.

I for one havent had poor service from MK along with many more, so I cannot see why there has been such a breakdown between a few parties. From the forum it would appear 3 disgruntled people, Yourself, Noc and Shorts oh and then the others who dont own or have never built an MK.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

noc231073

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Well personally I have lost quite a lot of money dealing with MK and I mean LOST..... I paid for parts I never recieved and had to replace them..
Trying to resolve issues is a waste of time with them , they just dont care...
You can see from above anyone who is do a home build at the moment is having nothing but trouble with them....and to quote BAZ on the phone to me "everyone building our cars seem to have problems but us..."
so what can you say to that...
At the moment i do not want anything to do with MK and I hope I never have to see or speak with them ever again..
I still own an uncompleted Mk which should be finished shortly ....once finished i dont really have any other option but to put the car up for sale..
Its a shame really..
Maybe then i might buy something from a company that values their customers.

noc231073

posted on 9/4/11 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't think that any company would like the amount of negative press that this forum is generating at the minute, this in itself must have cost MK a few cars in the past few weeks.

GREAT.....
Thats the whole point of airing this on a public forum...if it stops just one person buying a kit from MK then its done its job..and I am happy .And it might help in stopping another person to be ripped off
I know if I knew what i know now I wouldnt go near them with a barge pole...

so how many people on this forum at the minute are building an mks at home ?

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.