Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham 7 on BBC4 NOW or you've missed it
Alan B

posted on 21/4/03 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
Further observations

A few more comments about this program...all IMO of course.

For what appeared to be very professional companies, I was shocked at the lack of progress between meetings.....racing car manufacturers are legendary for turning stuff out quickly...it was almost as if they didn't want the job...

The choice of Reynard as a partner was baffling..the Caterham engineering guy (who came across very well IMO) spotted it too......Reynard were a good high-tech racing car company, but had absolutely no idea about volume production down to price.......any good racing car designer could have come up with some mind-blowing high tech solutions.....a sellable, producable product is what was needed.

Why look to replace the seven?...very puzzling...they admitted it was a growing market...just market share was being lost....surely it is easier to win that back, than to try and replace your own icon.....IMO, they just have to get pricing back inline with common sense...can't be that hard, the others do it...

What they need (IMO) is a very basic lower priced starter model...the heritage without the price...

Alan B

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 21/4/03 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
For those who missed it, it is being repeated this Thursday 24th April at 12:30 on the learning Zone, titled "Survival of the fastest"
chrisg

posted on 21/4/03 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
You can't say that Alan, you'll have that Considerably pretending to "be" you!

i know

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Considerably

posted on 25/4/03 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Wasn't me. Wasn't rude enough or funny enough

Plus I happen to know the correct Wilde quote is "looking at the stars" not "to the stars"... Lady Windermere's Fan I believe.

chrisg

posted on 25/4/03 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
Was you

And the quote was a cut and paste, so you maybe right, but you still have too much time on your hands

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Considerably

posted on 26/4/03 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
Nah, not my style.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.