Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Gts Tunning
BKLOCO

posted on 6/6/07 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not going to get into an arguement over this, it just aint worth it, but 3 weeks from order to delivery, for a non stock item, is not an unreasonable lead time. IMHO.
Generally speaking most kit companies will dispatch v.quickly on stock stuff (eg. Your ball joints). When they have to order in they will send it out as soon as they are in receipt of the item.
Perhaps you need to revise your expectations a little.
Or go elsewhere, pay more, and wait just the same.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

Simon W

posted on 6/6/07 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
I'm not going to get into an arguement over this, it just aint worth it, but 3 weeks from order to delivery, for a non stock item, is not an unreasonable lead time. IMHO.
Generally speaking most kit companies will dispatch v.quickly on stock stuff (eg. Your ball joints). When they have to order in they will send it out as soon as they are in receipt of the item.
Perhaps you need to revise your expectations a little.
Or go elsewhere, pay more, and wait just the same.

I dont mind waiting but would appreciate some polite communication, not just be ignored. I tried calling the mobile, couldnt get through. Anyway, I dont really care now, I have the steering rack and have narrowed down my list of suppliers for any future items.

JoelP

posted on 6/6/07 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
3 weeks is perfectly acceptable since he says 28 days for non stock, i think most people would agree its the communication thats the sticking point. Definately needs addressing really.
procomp

posted on 7/6/07 at 07:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Simon W. The rack is going to be a rally desighn item so will be a genuine 2.4 ratio.

Although rally desighn would have had it in your hands in 24hrs.

cheers matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Syd Bridge

posted on 7/6/07 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Racks also available from Partco. At least 2 months ago, anyway. And quick ratios!
spw1970

posted on 7/6/07 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
GTS lack of communication

I had decided on a GTS Panther as my next kit but have decided I cannot risk my hard earned cash on a company that seems to treat it's customers in such a way. I have seen posts on here saying that Darren reads but doesn't reply to emails....

WHAT?????

Is it me???

Why have an option to contact the company if this is just ignored??

I emailed GTS on June 26th saying that I had decided on a panther kit, I would like a brochure and were they going to be at Newark... I got an auto-reply saying that they aimed to get back to me within 6 hours. 12 days later and of course, no email, phone call or nothing.

I have also read that when calling GTS you should NOT with hold your phone number...Why, because they are screening calls so that disgruntled customers are blanked? It was also suggested to me that at time of order I should 'be very firm about the delivery date and make it clear I wasn't prepared to be messed about'

This considered, I think you'd have to have more money than sense to risk it on a company that seems to be constantly avoiding any form of correspondance from customers who have already parted with their cash.

Needless to say, another manufacturer at Newark will be getting my order and deposit in 9 days time

BKLOCO

posted on 8/6/07 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spw1970
I had decided on a GTS Panther as my next kit but have decided I cannot risk my hard earned cash on a company that seems to treat it's customers in such a way. I have seen posts on here saying that Darren reads but doesn't reply to emails....

WHAT?????

Is it me???

Why have an option to contact the company if this is just ignored??

I emailed GTS on June 26th saying that I had decided on a panther kit, I would like a brochure and were they going to be at Newark... I got an auto-reply saying that they aimed to get back to me within 6 hours. 12 days later and of course, no email, phone call or nothing.

I have also read that when calling GTS you should NOT with hold your phone number...Why, because they are screening calls so that disgruntled customers are blanked? It was also suggested to me that at time of order I should 'be very firm about the delivery date and make it clear I wasn't prepared to be messed about'

This considered, I think you'd have to have more money than sense to risk it on a company that seems to be constantly avoiding any form of correspondance from customers who have already parted with their cash.

Needless to say, another manufacturer at Newark will be getting my order and deposit in 9 days time

Good luck to you.
If you wish to buy an inferior product that is more expensive and still get fcuked around then that is clearly your perogative but why tell us?
Or are you also going to tell us why you prefer Tesco to Sainsbury's?
You people p1ss me off...
You have had NO dealings with this company but are still prepaired to rubbish it.
Unbelievable ignorance.

[Edited on 8-6-07 by BKLOCO]

andyps

posted on 8/6/07 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by spw1970

You have had NO dealings with this company
[Edited on 8-6-07 by BKLOCO]

I have kept out of this one so far, but it would appear that SPW1970 has had some dealings with GTS - although they may not have been a transaction involving money so your comments are not justified.

I am actually more amazed about the comments elsewhere regarding speaking to the receptionist - I am struggling to see the point in employing a receptionist who takes messages and then they do not get replied to - why bother with the expense. A well trained and informed receptionist is invaluable to any organisation and can be one of the most valuable assets in terms of customer service - they are the first and often last point of contact customers have with organisations and are therefore vital in terms of perceptions of service and should be treated with great respect by those employing them. Saying that speaking to them is no good shows a need for training in my view.

If you want to see my experiences of dealing with GTS look elsewhere. These comments relate to customer service expectations - something I do speak with a significant amount of knowledge of - a lot more than I have of car building and dealing with kit car suppliers.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

BKLOCO

posted on 8/6/07 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyps have kept out of this one so far, but it would appear that SPW1970 has had some dealings with GTS - although they may not have been a transaction involving money so your comments are not justified.

Sorry but they are.

Lets look at the facts as presented by spw1970:

He sent one e-mail (aparently on a date in the future...26 June????). He has not heard back from the company and therefore decides to post on here and tell everyone how bad this company is.

He ignorantly assumes that the reason you should not withhold your number is because calls are being screened... The actual reason is because Darren is extreemly busy, is often driving, or out of the country, and rather than interupt someone elses urgent order he chooses to ring people back at a more convenient time. This he obviously cannot do if yo withhold your number.

He then goes on to accuse me and other builders of this car of "having more money than sense". An acusation that is both untrue and offensive.

His parting shot is to claim that Darren avoids "any form of correspondance from customers who have already parted with their cash."

A possibly libelous statement...

spw1970

posted on 8/6/07 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
BKLOCO wrote:
Good luck to you.
If you wish to buy an inferior product that is more expensive and still get fcuked around then that is clearly your perogative but why tell us?
Or are you also going to tell us why you prefer Tesco to Sainsbury's?
You people p1ss me off...
You have had NO dealings with this company but are still prepaired to rubbish it.
Unbelievable ignorance.

Well BKLOCO I have built up and run my own successful business for the past 14 years so I know how to treat customers. One thing's for sure, if you fail to answer your phone, ignore messages or fail to carry out what you had stated you would you are going to be in big trouble no matter how good your product is. Had I not read the comments on here about the communication problems with GTS I would have tried a second time. (And yes, I know people are always quicker to complain than compliment).
I have seen dozens of postings and been contacted via U2U with warnings about problems that others have had in their dealings with GTS regarding lack of communication. On the big plus side I can't find anyone who can fault the product but that doesn't help you if you cant get it!! (I used a subcontractor years ago who was a first rate plasterer. He was always paid on time every time but started to let me down, therefore I had to stop using him) No matter how good a product or service is, if it is not reliable then people wont take the risk of using them, me included.

Andyps's comment was correct. I have had experience of GTS and I'm sad to say that the lack of response compounded my fears.

I had made up my mind to use GTS to supply my new kit and have a budget of around £7500. If a customer came to me with a similar budget I wouldn't ignore them...........!!!

So stop throwing your toys out of the pram and using unnecessary foul language which is rather pathetic.

On a different note, my earlier posting meant to say that I had emailed GTS on MAY 26th, not June but I'm not perfect but at least my spelling and grammar is better than a few postings on here.....

[Edited on 8/6/07 by spw1970]

BKLOCO

posted on 8/6/07 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
Woopy fcuking doo.
You have your own wonderfull company.
Do I give a toss?
Naa.
Go buy a nice shiney MK, Tiger or whatever else you fancy.
Enjoy....
But don't tell me I have more money than sense.
What I've actually got is a first class car from a very good manufacturer the components for which were delivered in a timely fasion, within budget and I am receiving first class after sales service.
Perhaps it's all down to the way you approach people hey?

Gav

posted on 8/6/07 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
umm perhaps if i had an attitude like yours i might of get better service from Darren!

I have never ever had such a bad service from a company, a company that i when i have managed to talk to someone, i have not ranted or raved or made un resonable demands but asked in a calm and rational way where the the parts are that i was charged for.

What really gets me is how many times GTS have stated that they are improving their systems but yet the amount of people who report to having bad service continues to rise.
While i fully admit this might be because GTS are a victim of their own success it appears that GTS are not learning from their own history and are simply generating an evan worse name for themselfs.

Based on my own experiences with GTS; I would recommend to anyone that they seriously consider another manufacturer.

[Edited on 8/6/07 by Gav]

spw1970

posted on 8/6/07 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
>>>Perhaps it's all down to the way you approach people hey?

Oh yes, I suppose offering the guy 3 grand must have really irritated him........

For God's sake grow up and take some advice.

Stop ranting and look at it from a potential customer's point of view.

Learn to read......and write. A dictionary would be a good start.

It's a shame because there have been some really helpful contributions from many members on here but people who just hurl insults when someone raises a valid point just irritate people therefore I wont dignify and more of your absurd comments with a reply as although you seem to have nothing better to do, I actually have a life

spw1970

posted on 8/6/07 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Gav!

Someone who resides on Planet Earth!!!

BKLOCO

posted on 8/6/07 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Attitude?
you aint seen nothing yet....
I'm being quite subdued at present....

I would like to make it clear that I have no connection with GTS apart from being a satisfied customer. I do however get very angry at people who seem to have a vendetta against anyone who is genuinely trying to provide a service to a small group of enthusiasts.

You people should be supporting companies like GTS.

Without them many of you would not have a car in the first place.

Who are you going to attack next?

Perhaps the aim is to put them out of business one at a time.
Whatever the reasons.
The attitude of some people on here to attack rather than support stinks and is not helpfull to the kit industry at all.

Most, if not all, of these threads start because someone with little knowlege of the industry has unreasonable expectations and posts their stupid comments on here.

As an illustration:
I have been waiting for an item from an IT supplier for over a month now but I don't winge to all and sundry about it. I do what any sane rational person does and take it up with the people that can do something about it (namely the company in question) not a bunch of people on a web site....

Gav

posted on 8/6/07 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I do however get very angry at people who seem to have a vendetta against anyone who is genuinely trying to provide a service to a small group of enthusiasts.

You people should be supporting companies like GTS.

I really dont get what planet your on!

IF i had recieved good service from GTS i WOULD recommend them but i havent, i can only simply relay what my experiences have been and they for the majority have been very very bad with GTS.

as for supporting GTS, i infact host the GTS owners website out of my own pocket!
so i have no vendetta aganst GTS.

[Edited on 8/6/07 by Gav]

BKLOCO

posted on 8/6/07 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gav
i can only simply relay what my experiences have been and they for the majority have been very very bad with GTS.

But why do you feel you need to relay these experiences?
We all know there is always 2 sides to every story.

As for what planet I'm on.

I'm on the real one that takes up grievances with the people who can solve my issues. Not with a bunch of people in cyberland who can actually do bugger all for me.

Gav

posted on 8/6/07 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

But why do you feel you need to relay these experiences?
We all know there is always 2 sides to every story.

Because its relavent to this thread and as for two side to each story, your quite correct, however its not some school yard punch up is it?
I placed an order, my credit card was debited within a week and goods were not fully recieved for 18 months after contacting GTS numerous times at regluar intervals to get a resolution.
Yes i had grounds for legal recouse but that was an action i wished not to take.

RK

posted on 9/6/07 at 12:44 AM Reply With Quote
May I interject?

I also have a successful business (well, I did as of today; in business, you never know). I have learned that the kit car industry is run by ENTHUSIASTS, and not pure business people as such. Therefore, the usual expectation of service/product is not the same. If you want the particular quality of a certain company's cars, then you have to take the sometimes peculiar personalities of the people who own them; ie. other enthusiasts, who are doing this for the love of cars, and not primarily to get rich (not that there's anything wrong with that!).

spw1970

posted on 9/6/07 at 04:49 AM Reply With Quote
RK I have no doubt that Darren is passionate about his business and his cars but once you start selling your products or services it becomes a business whether you like it or not and in return for money that you take from people they should expect to receive a basic level of service at the very least.

I would consider responding to telephone calls and enquiries the most basic form of customer service there is and cannot understand how anyone can argue with that!!

Many years ago my father was 'Station Manager' of an airline operating from a smallish airport called the West London Air Terminal which is now known as Heathrow Airport and rather than get some flunky to face scores of angry passengers to tell them their flight had been delayed or cancelled he used to stand on a chair and do it himself. He always said that people would rather be told something, even it is bad news than be kept guessing as to what is going on. I suspect if Darren adopted the same stance the phone to GTS might quieten down a bit and people's fears and frustrations would be a thing of the past.

Let's face it. Everyone these days wants the best quality products at the lowest prices albeit carrots from Tescos or Tv's from Comet. I am fully aware that companies such as GTS operate on very low profit margins to keep prices low and should be applauded for that BUT without happy customers you have no business in any case. I'm sure no kit car enthusiast expects shiny new workshops and hoards of office staff as the cost of the kit would then be on a par with a tin top but just a voice at the end of the phone or a call to say people's orders have been delayed would address most if not all of the negative comments I have read on here.
Just think, all that for the price of a few phone calls!!

In the case of GTS it appears that lack of customer communication is the big problem. Darren must buy in goods and materials to produce the kits so how would he feel if HIS suppliers ignored his calls, emails etc? It's not rocket science to keep the customer updated.

In this case, no news isn't good news!

[Edited on 9/6/07 by spw1970]

RK

posted on 9/6/07 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Touche. A quick phone call or email doesn't take a lot of time.

However, I would add that it tends to be a case of "Keepittogether, keepittogether", as Kit said in Bowfinger, and many people have a little trouble with time management.

I went out of my way to write a letter to what my staff told me was an unhappy client yesterday, but on some days I wouldn't have the time.

The business guy should remember that the happy customer tells 10 people, maybe, while the unhappy one tells at least 20. Even my bad arithmatic tells me that's not a good thing if you want to keep eating.

FlansS14

posted on 14/6/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Why can i not get threw to them!!! i've e-mailed but no reply

ordered 2 seats 7weeks back and still no seats!! after twice being told they'll be two weeks!!!!

there customer service is wee poor imoa

Why didn't i just make it simple!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.