2.8 gig min processor
80 gig min HD
512 memory
modem
Dvd re-writer (+&-)
seperate DvD drive
TV tuner
TFT monitor, 19" if poss

Where should I look and how much do you reckon?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

Benzine

posted on 18/7/04 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
If i were you I'd build it myself. I built mine with parts from www.ebuyer.co.uk and www.overclockers.co.uk

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Glan Noye

posted on 18/7/04 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
I have just bought an E Machine from PC World with this spec but without TV tuner or monitor for £380,it comes with XP home.I am very happy with it,Glan.
pbura

posted on 18/7/04 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
If i were you I'd build it myself. I built mine with parts from www.ebuyer.co.uk and www.overclockers.co.uk

This is the way for Locosters! I did this a few years ago. Read hardware reviews for best motherboard and CPU for my use, bought all the parts on eBay and did it! Everything but monitor for less than US$300.

It's easy; the motherboard manual tells you how to build the whole thing

Pete

Pete

Benzine

posted on 18/7/04 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

It's easy; the motherboard manual tells you how to build the whole thing

Pete

Yeah base the whole thing around the mobo and its easy

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 18/7/04 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
I get my bits from here Chris.

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/web/index

They've got a shop in Sheffield. They do build systems but it's easy enough to assemble your own. Mines very similar to what you just quoted but it's a couple of years old now and only an amd 1800xp processor and a crt monitor. 19" TFT is going to bump it up by about £400. £981.46 with the 19" monitor and XP3200+.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

chrisg

posted on 20/7/04 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Benzine

Thanks for the replys chaps If I were to build it myself, who would I punch in the face when it didn't work?

You didn't think that one through, did you?

Cheers

Chris

I think I'll go to the computer thingy with Charlie

[Edited on 20/7/04 by chrisg]

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

RoadkillUK

posted on 20/7/04 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
CCL Computers

You can pick and choose what you like and have it installed for you. Lead time is usually 7 days.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

chrisg

posted on 21/7/04 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
splutter!!!

*spits tea*

£2.50!!!!!!

I'm not made of money!!!

Cheers

Chris.

PS I'll give you a ring Charles.

timf

posted on 22/7/04 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
chris

when you get to the door get snoopy to pay saying you left your wallet behind not that that excuse has ever been used before eh?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.