Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best kit magazine for me to advertise in?
Triton

posted on 25/2/09 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
Word of mouth is a far better advert than paying through the nose to advertise in a magazine....IMHO anyway as tried the advert route and not worth the expense.

Shows are a good choice, take along a car you have built or parts you make so folk can see for themselves...hard going saying the same thing for 2 days but good fun nonetheless.

Cheers,
Mark

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DavidW

posted on 25/2/09 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
A simple website is also probably worthwhile.
trogdor

posted on 25/2/09 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
I think an advert is prob not worth it, we are a small business. admittedly not anything to do with locosts but laboratory equipment

We have paid through the nose for adverts and have not seen any real reward for them.

Our best source of leads is our website and exhibitions, though they do provide good leads they are very expensive.

So I would suggest advertising your services on ebay, a simple website, (the CMS program joomla allows you to make a professional one very easily) and on online directories. and obviously across as many forums as you can. Even ones not directly for locosts as word of mouth helps here.

[Edited on 25/2/09 by trogdor]

mr henderson

posted on 25/2/09 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Word of mouth is a far better advert than paying through the nose to advertise in a magazine....IMHO anyway as tried the advert route and not worth the expense.

Shows are a good choice, take along a car you have built or parts you make so folk can see for themselves...hard going saying the same thing for 2 days but good fun nonetheless.

Cheers,
Mark

I have advertised in kit magazines in the past, and found that actually it worked quite well. The important thing is that it reaches people who are not in a position to receive word of mouth from people who already know about me.

Whether it should be seen as paying through the nose or not will be a simple business decision based on costs versus the results.

If I was selling a product (as you do) then appearing at shows would be virtually essential, and I always planned to do that when I was working on my own design.

Now, however, I am selling a service, not a product, and it's a lot more difficult to 'show' a service.

In any case, as I said earlier, shows are not suitable for me as my target customer already has a project 'stuck' in their garage and is hardly likely to be going to kit car shows.

I supose I should have said that this is not the first time I have offered this service, I've done it a couple of times before when circumstances have allowed, so do have some knowledge about how to market it.

Thanks for all the replies, everybody

John

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.