Bluemoon

posted on 2/11/23 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slimy38
quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger
how about an m10 button head socket screw with a large penny washer. this is the same thread as on my aero catches and there is no reason you can't have screws holding your bonnet on as long as you have an allen key to remove it if asked.

This put Alan key on key ring with ignition key…

That's quite an elegant solution to be fair, and most definitely the lowest cost of them all. I did wonder about needing a tool to open the bonnet, but something on a key ring is just as effective. Thank you both for the suggestion, I think this is the winner.

If you choose the same size button head socket screw as available bonnet pins you can always change them later - should mean no extra or holes are required

Sanzomat

posted on 2/11/23 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
[img] Fairing Washer
Fairing Washer
[/img]
On the GTM Libra/Spyder the front and rear clams are held down by countersunk socket heads in fairing washers. I always carry a tee head allen key so I can open the clams - 5 at the front, 6 at the back (engine cover) but doesn't take too long..

Slimy38

posted on 2/11/23 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sanzomat
[img] Fairing Washer
Fairing Washer
[/img]
On the GTM Libra/Spyder the front and rear clams are held down by countersunk socket heads in fairing washers. I always carry a tee head allen key so I can open the clams - 5 at the front, 6 at the back (engine cover) but doesn't take too long..

Very pretty, although I'm guessing the countersunk fairing contributes to that.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.