Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Imobliser
Bob da builder

posted on 10/1/03 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Imobliser

Hi,

I have looked at the previous thread on imoblisers. i fancy the idea of a key pad imobliser, i have tried maplins for a system, to get the reply of hey, what you talking about??! have tried a few places but no good. I know sod all about electrics, fitting my new loom is about my limit! so any ideas?? any one done it and fancy making another?? obvisouly for cash!!!! what else have pepole done, dont realy want a battery isolator/ race style cut off switch. How about a switch in the low tension side of the ignition? i know that this works as ive done it before on my mini`s (God knows why any one would want to nick a mini!!) but what does the nice SVA inspector think??... find the switch, moblise car and drive off!! theres only so many places that you can hide a switch in a locost!!!

Cheers for your ideas....

Rob

darren(SA)

posted on 10/1/03 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hows this for an idea, I've seen this before, very simple, but very effective. If you can get a wire from the (-) of your coil and somehow hide it(run it under the coil?).run this wire to say a toggle switch and to earth. If the (-) on the coil, runs to earth, theres no way of starting it.

Providing you can hide the wire and the switch!

darren

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
theconrodkid

posted on 10/1/03 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
i put a switch in the lt ignition wiring it is mounted next to the steering top mount and when off lays against the mounting,i cant find it and i fitted it also an isolator switch is a good idea bridged with an in line fuse to keep parking lights etc on
Findlay234

posted on 13/1/03 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Keypad imob...

hey bob how much would you be willing to pay for such an item???id only ask for cost of materials cause itd be quite interesting to do for myself

cheers

Bob da builder

posted on 13/1/03 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Cost of materials sounds good to me!! and P+P! i wouldnt have a clue how much something like that would cost??!!! do you? couldnt realy say how much i would pay...you name the price and i will say yes or no!!

I guess that you know a bit about electrics??? I know nothin about electrics.... i was thinking of somethin that would self activate when the ignition is turned off, isolating the LT side of the electrics, either making an earth or isolating the live to the coil?? also when activated possabily turn on a flashing LED?? I guess that this will also require a constant live?? what would happen if the Battery was disconected then reconected would this overried the key pad or bugger the system up so that even with the code you cant start the dam thing???? Possable??or am i just thinking of the impossable!!!??

Cheers

Bob

Findlay234

posted on 13/1/03 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
well i cant confess to being an expert but i know enough to get me through. let me just ponder this for a day or two, get some costings and ill try and get get back to you. (As macca knows thats not as easy as it sounds.)

cheers
fin

Findlay234

posted on 13/1/03 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
are you looking for the code to be programable. so you can change it when you want. if this is so then if a teef disconects battery to try to disable it, the code will revert to the original number.this is using a PIC microcontroller. is a programmable circuit a must have and if yes do you need it to retain your personal no'??

cheers
fin

Mr G

posted on 13/1/03 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
I know for a fact that RING done keypad imobilisers about 9 years ago because i have one. It was about £12.00

It will imobilise one electrical circuit - fuel pump or coil etc.

It has a lock mode so that if you take the car somewhere for a valet or repairs then you don't have to worry about giving out the number.

It also gives you a delay before having to put the number in again once the ignition is off... i.e if you stall the car and have to turn the ignition on/off you dont have to re-enter the number. You get about 10 seconds i think.

They must surely still do a similar product.

Cheers

G

Findlay234

posted on 13/1/03 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
who? ring?

hmmm, £12 doubt id be able to make that with just the cost of materials.

found what i wanted, a picaxe microcontroller on a project board ready for some tinkering and programming.

[Edited on 13/1/03 by Findlay234]

Bob da builder

posted on 14/1/03 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Not to bothered a bout been able to programe it, so long as it stops a theving little git!! and is simple and cheap!!! think that i will have a look into the Ring product as well £12 not bad, if i find it i will let you know, prob get one at cost price.....thats if they are still been made!!

Cheers M8

James

posted on 15/1/03 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob da builderRing product as well £12 not bad, if i find it i will let you know,
Cheers M8

Let us know how you get on with finding one- purely for 'cool' reasons I'd like one myself!

James

Findlay234

posted on 20/1/03 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Bob da Builder

hey bob are you still looking for this immobiliser. ive written the code into the assembler software ready for downloading into the microcontroler chip. what ive coded into it is:
, when actively immobilising a red LED is on.
press in the correct 4 digit code, the immobilser will connect up an electrical circuit, can be ignition or fuel pump and a green LED will light up.
if the wrong code is put in it will just reset to no code input.
once the immobiliser is active youll get 30 second to switch on the engine. while engine is on you can hold down the asterysk button to get the valet service. to switch off valet service you have to have the engine off and the car key out.
when switching off the car normally you will get a ten second pause before the the circuit will be immobilised. so you can restart if you stalled.the red LED will come back on.
as you can see this works much like the £12 imob.

keypad can be placed almost anywhere. anyone else interested in one of these, or would like some mods to it???

cheers
fin

[Edited on 20/1/03 by Findlay234]

Findlay234

posted on 21/1/03 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
ive pretty much sorted out the design of the circuit now.

before i go any further i want to know whether people are still interested in one of these keypad immobilisers?? its not going to be worth the development time, right now, if its only for myself, i can do it later on. anyway a rough estimate of cost, looking at the parts im gonna buy, will be a max of £25. thats a max, if it goes any higher ill stop developement. itll probably be lower but im just giving you a worst case scenario so i dont upset people.

i know its not quite £12 but then im not buying in bulk!

are there still takers or am i wasting my time?

cheers
fin

auzziejim

posted on 21/1/03 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
il take one! for £25 u cant really go wrong can you?

also will i be able to wire up an alarm to this? I ask because after starting to take my donor car apart last night i foinf an alarm that has all the wires attached but isnt wired in! BONUS! LOL

Bob da builder

posted on 27/1/03 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
hi m8
Sorry i havent got back to you havent had internet access but im now bac!
yeah, ill have one at £25! sounds spot on for what i want!! couldnt get one of the ring products, no one seams to have heard of them!!prop out of production!

give me a shout how you getting on....

Cheers m8

Bob

Jasper

posted on 27/1/03 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
May well be interested too. There's a chap on another list fitted one with a sensor on a key-ring to touch onto a socket on the dash. Gonna find out more and let you know.....

Those chaps on the Yahoo BEC site came up with this:

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk/selca/mc2.htm

Looks the nuts to me, though £40 more...

[Edited on 27/1/03 by Jasper]

bob

posted on 27/1/03 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Fin

We will talk soon about this one mate

James

posted on 10/2/03 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by auzziejim
il take one! for £25 u cant really go wrong can you?

Count me in too but any chance of a picture of the keypad you had in mind?

Cheers,

James

Findlay234

posted on 11/2/03 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
the one ive got my eye on is on the maplin website, claims its out of stock but will have to see, if it is then ill be getting one similar if possible. just the basic kypad.
StuartA

posted on 16/2/03 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Picked up our Fireblade engine yesterday and the lovely bloke we got it from was good enough to leave £300 worth of Datatool alarm and imobiliser attached to the loom. Even gave me the remote fob for it!

Sorry this is of no help to anyone here, but its nice to have a little luck every now and then!

Findlay234

posted on 16/2/03 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
some get all the luck.............

well getting through this imob thing, its taking much longer than i thought cause ive had to do work and strip my donors..... itll be done soon tho. then needs testing.... who wants to let me use their car a guinea pig????

cheers
fin

James

posted on 17/2/03 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Findlay234
some get all the luck.............

well getting through this imob thing, its taking much longer than i thought cause ive had to do work and strip my donors..... itll be done soon tho. then needs testing.... who wants to let me use their car a guinea pig????

cheers
fin

Would love to be far enough along that I could offer it!

Cheers,

James

Bob da builder

posted on 23/2/03 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Also would love to! But......not that far and have just moved house so without garage for a while..just dug the pit in the new garage and buggered me back in the process! not going to be till late summer / autum till i can be the guine pig but if you dont mind waiting.......

Cheers,

Rob

Bob da builder

posted on 2/5/03 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
findley.

hi mate,

just wondering if you have had a chance to play with the imobliser yet......? cheers mate, The money is still waiting for you!! have just fin uni so im ready to work on my car againe.

cheers Rob

Chris Leonard

posted on 2/5/03 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
If you still need a car to test it on I'm just sorting out my wiring. Looks like an explosion in a spaghetti factory at the moment - your welcome to come round plug it in and test it. I'm not too far away from Bucks
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.