Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: My car has been at the garage for 6 months now
JoelP

posted on 27/12/23 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
My car has been at the garage for 6 months now

Took it in with a poorly engine, they sent the head off to be reconditioned, and it got dropped there, literally, and cracked the head! They spent many months sourcing a new head, to the same (I hope) spec. Finally going back together next week. Thank goodness I sorned it! At least I'm not missing much in this weather. I'm just calling out free storage, since it lives under a tarp on my drive usually.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

obfripper

posted on 27/12/23 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
What engine is it?

I had similar problems earlier in the year with a customers Shogun, the head was not longer available from Mitsubishi, and the patterned ones from AMC were no longer produced.
I did eventually find a new Engineteam one from Slovakia and had to import it.
It did seem to be a decent quality casting, possibly better than the Mitsubishi original which had cracked between 2 valves and up through the exhaust port into the water jacket, a common fault which made using a second hand one not worth the trouble.

Annoyingly Engineteam is owned by LKQ who also own Eurocarparts, but ECP could not supply the head themselves, even though their own Vege brand reconditioned engines are fitted/repaired with Engineteam parts.

Dave

JoelP

posted on 27/12/23 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Just an old pinto, but it had been polished and big valved etc. Unlucky for them!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

perksy

posted on 27/12/23 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Double check the head is the spec that it should be when it re-appears and not a 'cleaned up' standard one..

coyoteboy

posted on 27/12/23 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
At this stage I'd be charging them for loss of use. Theyre clearly taking the mick, you could buy a standard. One and get it modified but because you're kind and patient, you're waiting.
SteveWalker

posted on 27/12/23 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
Considering how long you have been deprived of the use of your vehicle, you should be looking at getting it back, work completed, free of charge!
nick205

posted on 29/12/23 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
Considering how long you have been deprived of the use of your vehicle, you should be looking at getting it back, work completed, free of charge!

Ditto

If not free of charge then a massively reduced bill!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.