Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another 'getting hold of darren' thread
ned

posted on 9/8/05 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
Another 'getting hold of darren' thread

Have been trying via mobile which I'm getting a dead line on this morning, maybe the network is down? his workshop number is going to fax aftr not being picked up and his other landline to an answer phone.

On going issues, so I'd rather speak to him than leave messages that don't very often get returned.

anyone any ideas? i don't bother emailing him as he rarely responds to those either, or if he does it takes him ages.

cheers,

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gav

posted on 9/8/05 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
I must admit im getting quite disheartned by the lack of being able to get hold of darren.
I ve decided to use sierra parts for my car but need a dedion rear tube and was hoping to buy from GTS, however been trying to ring him for a few days now and not been able to get through.
Are their any plans for a dedion rear anywhere? or any other makers?

ned

posted on 9/8/05 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
i believe mk can supply a 'weld it yourself' dedion tube, you may be able to buy a blank tube if you speak nicely to dax, and there are plans on the locost cdrom, which i believe are also on the locost7.info site...

Ned.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mookaloid

posted on 9/8/05 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
I'm sure Darren is a nice guy, and when I have dealt with him I have had no problems, but surely this must cost him business in the long run.

Customer service is just as important as providing a quality product IMHO.

Cheers

Mark

alfasudsprint

posted on 9/8/05 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
"I'm sure Darren is a nice guy"
Maybe, but when I paid for my stuff 9 months ago and still waiting for 3, albeit minor, items, I begin to wonder...
Tim

shortie

posted on 9/8/05 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Surely it would make sense to get the customer service sorted, he must loose loads of business.

Even if you can't supply stuff for some reason then customer service usually wins through and you keep the business but with no customer service and no goods most people will go elsewhere.

Rich.

Danozeman

posted on 9/8/05 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Due to my recent dealings with GTS and the poor customer service i probably wont buy from them again which is a shame because i want to buy the gts shocks and loads of other bits and pieces. At present im out of pocket by 50 quid due to a refund i asked for 3 weeks ago.

Im not slagging Darren in anyway dont get me wrong just customer service wins business in my book. The bits ive had in the past ive had no troubles with.

[Edited on 9/8/05 by Danozeman]

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

jcduroc

posted on 9/8/05 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Darren, wake up

Everything said before is true.
I paid for a lot of things 4 months back and a few minor (small) things were (and still are) missing.
I got answered twice by some chap in his workshop phone number. This chap promised to deliver a few things to my neighbour (who happens to be British and was staying in London) and nothing happened.
I guess a trip (from you, guys, I'm 2.500 km away) to Faversham is in order.

It's a shame as I agree that (in the past) he has been very helpful.

João

[Edited on 9/8/05 by jcduroc]

JCM

James

posted on 9/8/05 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Darren's on hoilday AFAIK.

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

ned

posted on 9/8/05 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
not disbelieving you James, but i spoke to him last week and said I'd chase him again this week and he didn't mention it...

Ned.

suparuss

posted on 9/8/05 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
hmm, i was gonna order my poly bushes from these guys. their web site is a bit heath robinson at the mo (pics dont work, tec pdfs dont work) and wanst going to bothercos of the bad image thats gives a "company"decided i would cos i thought he had a good rep on here. guess thats not true then.
Jasalarms

posted on 9/8/05 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I tryed calling his moby and i got a foreign type ringing back, he must be abroad

Mansfield

posted on 9/8/05 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Is there anyone else doing +4 bodywork. I am getting a bit worried as he seems to be the only one.
JoelP

posted on 9/8/05 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
he needs some staff i guess!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

big_wasa

posted on 9/8/05 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
His lack of customer service cost him my buisiness

But maybe he is doing that well that he didnt need it

I had a dedion from him it at x-mas and must say I was well chuffed I got it quick and the quality was exelant.
BUT when I realised I would need special front arms to match the track and take the cortina front uprights ,He said he could and he would..... After many emails I gave up and flogged it ...

I lost £50 but he has lost much more .

[Edited on 9/8/05 by big_wasa]

Rorty

posted on 10/8/05 at 05:17 AM Reply With Quote
Reading between the lines, Darren has found a new interest and has forsaken the Locost side of his business which is a pity after just getting some of the products sorted. The disrespect to customers is another matter.
If somebody was smart they'd get in there and offer to take the Locost side of the business off him before Chinese Whispers destroy the reputation of the quality of the parts. Really big group buy?

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

nludkin

posted on 10/8/05 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
I spoke to Darren the other day. He is abroad on holiday at the moment, which I believe is long overdue!

As far as I can tell, the bodywork and all other production is carrying on without him. There has been a massive holdup on the shocks and also a slight holdup on bodywork, chassis, etc due to some extremely bad luck.

As people on here can testify, the quality of his parts is excellent and well priced. I am sure that Darren will be contactable again by the end of this week and hopefully will be refreshed and ready to rock.

ned

posted on 10/8/05 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
I just want to make things clear (I've not had any remarks/comments from anyone, but just to cover myself )

I only posted this to try and get hold of Darren and as it now appears he is on holiday, which is fair enough, I will wait until next week before trying to get hold of him.

It seems odd he didn't mention it when I spoke to him only last week, but maybe that's just one of those things.

I have no quibble with the quality of Darrens producsts, only some 'administrative' issues and delays, which I don't want to go into detail on here about as I have no intention of slagging Darren off. I'm just trying resolve the problems surrounding a part that I've been waiting a while for.

Ned.

Neville Jones

posted on 10/8/05 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
[ quote He also sent me the folowing : "For the benefit of the masses on Locost builders, which i refuse to use anymore, i'm busy because i'm taking care of customers needs. The quiter i am the more likely it is that i'm running around doing, than being at my computer talking about it."

The attitude behind that seems quite angry, nasty.

It's a real shame Darren has now taken this attitude. After all, he was ready enough and keen enough to USE Locostbuilders to set up his business, and slag off others while at it.

He's not a manufacturer, but a reseller of other peoples output.

As I said, Its a real shame he can't get his act together a bit better.

Maybe karma does exist.

MK or Luego here I come.

Nev.

Micael

posted on 10/8/05 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
It´s funny that some people always seems to have extremely bad luck.

quote:
Originally posted by nludkin
I spoke to Darren the other day. He is abroad on holiday at the moment, which I believe is long overdue!

As far as I can tell, the bodywork and all other production is carrying on without him. There has been a massive holdup on the shocks and also a slight holdup on bodywork, chassis, etc due to some extremely bad luck.

As people on here can testify, the quality of his parts is excellent and well priced. I am sure that Darren will be contactable again by the end of this week and hopefully will be refreshed and ready to rock.

Micael Moose Åman

Petrolhead and all around nice guy

"Don't leave the duck there. It's totally irresponsible. Put it on the swing, it'll have much more fun." //Sleep Talkin Man Dec 23 2009

fastenuff

posted on 10/8/05 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Getting hold of Darren on the phone has seemed almost imposible since picking up most of my kit in March 2005.
Did arrange to pick up ( yes another UK trip disguised as a holiday) missing bits ai pedals ( no bushes shouldn't their be on per pedal?) steering shaft ext. by txt on his mobile.
Was at the workshop on Tuesday and Darren is on Holl's.

fastenuff

posted on 15/8/05 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
the being left in the dark about delivery times is most frustrating in buying abroad. specialy since you can just drop in and have a face to face chat or ask.

Ingmar

mandy69

posted on 19/8/05 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps the lure of bigger things has drawn GTS away from the Locost?
dozracing

posted on 22/8/05 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Thanks for all your concern!

GTS is still around a thriving, i'm just keeping the company at a low profile at the moment, due to some of the technical developments we are working on, plus the expansion of the company in terms of kit sales and aquisitions of other kit car companies, has led to a lot of work that we are getting through. We are taking on more staff to resolve issues with delivery and volume of manufacture.

I have actually been on holiday for the last two weeks, and for some reason my phone worked in Turkey for the first week, but could only make calls out in the second week. This probably explains the dead line when you tried to call my mobile.

I'm away to Lanzarote on Thursday for a week so you'll probably find it hard to get hold of me again.

The reason i don't reply on here anymore, is cos its not good to air dirty laundry ona public forum, and its best to let you girls get on with bitching about me behind my back. It means i can sleep better at night, and don't get all stressed during the day cos you've pissed me off.

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

JoelP

posted on 22/8/05 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
lol

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.