Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750mc Silverstone Aug 23rd-24th
andylancaster3000

posted on 24/8/08 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Finally, a finish of a full race! And good fun it was too. Car and engine behaved well (except for probable dieing H-Gasket again judging by the amount of coolant in the catch tank by the end of the race)

Really starting to get to grips with the car now but it's very evident that at circuits like that another 50 odd bhp would be rather useful!

Few pics from the weekend:

TimC

posted on 25/8/08 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Come-on Matt, where's your usual summary?

From my perspective, Paul Rogers had a superbly entertaining battle with Josh Smith in RGB which went to the bitter end - I'm not sure how many times they passed each other but if there's video anywhere it would be well worth a look.

What it proved is, in real terms there is pretty much no difference between the 2003 and 2005 R1 in a car.

Josh just sneaked the place but Paul took the moral victory by virtue of excellent tasting coffee and exceptional post-race cake. Thanks for that.

Richd

posted on 27/8/08 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Race report for Locost #25 (Sunday)

Never driven Silverstone before qualifying on sunday so wasnt expecting miracles. But I got one. Thanks to a few canny tows I managed to secure p10 on the grid. I thought my lap timer was playing tricks on me when it was showing in the 1 min 14's (lap record-ish for the locosts)

Race arrived and I sat on the grid feeling somewhat out of place in the company.

Reasonable start and even thought about sneaking up the inside of the row ahead. thought better and settled in behind. arrived at the 2nd corner and made an almighty pigs ear of things, sliding straight on "through" the pack and out the other side. One consolation was that momentarily I did hold 6th place.

As I rejoined the course I had dropped about 40-50 yards behind the lead bunch and lost any chance of a tow, so spent the middle third of the race on my own until James o'donnell and Rhys Owen drafted up and caught me. The last three laps or so were fantastic with the positions changing every few seconds all clean, all brave and a credit to the locosters. I eventually finished 16th. can't wait for Snetterton. Well done to all the guys.

Cheers
Rich

allied.motorsport@hotmail.co.uk

www.alliedmotorsport.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 27/8/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi right found 5 minutes .

From our point of view we had some godd bits and some bad bits from the long weekend we had. Wednesday to Sunday.

The power nights racing was a good day with time to get the cars settled in and iron out a few problems on Darryl's as he had not sat or ran the car for over a year.

The racing was a bit strange as it was handicapped and reverse grid. So they spent most of the time trying to get past the slower cars whilst also trying to get out the way of the quicker cars. but in general it was a Bl##dy good days testing and racing and thoroughly enjoyed it .

The Fridays 750mc test day was a good day STEVZOID from here was running under the lap record for the locost and had success setting his new dampers up. Darryl was on the pace for his class but was not going quick enough to catch Garry good year with 200 odd bhp down the fast straights of silverstone despite having him on the corners.

Saturdays kit race was a bit disappointing for us we had Steve lose 4th gear so was shifting from 3rd to 5th which was killing him on lap times. And Darryl was knocked quite badly into the copse corner on lap 6 or 7 which pushed the tracking out a million miles and he found some what adventurous braking at the next corner so pulled the race early in case it was significant damage.

Sundays locost. Well again it was close in qualifying with SIMES 43 qualifying on pole and STEVEZOID coming 3rd. ROB PALIN 5th and Richd 10th on his first visit to the track ever and a new engine fitted. The racing was as close as ever with 14 cars fighting for the first group all trading places every corner. Declan fell foul of a broken gearbox early on. Simes 43 had a spin ( i think he was helped mind ) so that was the 1st and 3rd guys in the championship out . The rest then continued to fight to the end with the first two pulling a few cars length clear leaving the chasing pack of around 10 to draft and sort it out.

Poor STEVEZOIDE who qualified 3rd his best yet was unable to take the grid to start the race as he had run the main bearing out during qualifying but considering he only did a few laps with no drafting. I am sure he would have had pole if he had got a draft and a few more laps in.

LOCOST results can be found HERE

RGB results can be found HERE

KITS results can be found HERE

Hopefully the video footage of the locost race should be up soon so i will put a link up when it's up.

All in all the weather just about held off and it was a good weekends racing. Roll on Snetterton where hopfully i wil get out myself with the BIO locost.

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 27/8/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TimC

posted on 27/8/08 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Be careful with footage. I know Bob from RGB was made to sign a form agreeing to pay Silverstone £25,000 if he made his video available on tinternet.

procomp

posted on 27/8/08 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim.

yep we had the same for Saturday's Kits also. But Sundays locosters video forms had no mention of it. Just hope we have kept the form to prove it.

Cheers Matt

progers

posted on 29/8/08 at 07:29 AM Reply With Quote
I've uploaded my Video of the RGB race here : http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=85mIO89t-Io

Unfortunately a fly decided to headbutt my bullet camera lens at 100mph so the view is not so clear...

Enjoy

Paul

progers

posted on 29/8/08 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
[Edited on 29/8/08 by progers]
Rob Palin

posted on 29/8/08 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi Tim.

yep we had the same for Saturday's Kits also. But Sundays locosters video forms had no mention of it. Just hope we have kept the form to prove it.

Cheers Matt

Sorry chief but it was on there. It said that if you publish the video anywhere & they see it they'll ask you for a £25k donation to the circuit's impossibly big cash gift to B. Ecclestone if he brings the GP back there.

progers

posted on 29/8/08 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
[Edited on 29/8/08 by progers]
progers

posted on 29/8/08 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't worry about the silly payment clauses put on those forms. Some of the RGB drivers contacted the circuit (Silverstone and MSV ones) and the line from them is that they are OK with video's being published on YouTube etc as long as there is no commercial gain and does not show the circuit in poor light.

We have e-mail to back this up. In reality the circuits are just covering themselves and realise that there are hundreds of video's out there of their circuits. They are not going to sue us.

You can see the discussion on the RGB forum http://www.rgb-racing.org.uk/

Keep posting those videos

- Paul

procomp

posted on 30/8/08 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi paul.

I am glad someone has managed to get some sense sorted on exactly what they actually meant with this wording they have been using.

Right roll on the videos.

Cheers Matt

rmo79

posted on 10/10/08 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

As I rejoined the course I had dropped about 40-50 yards behind the lead bunch and lost any chance of a tow, so spent the middle third of the race on my own until James o'donnell and Rhys Owen drafted up and caught me. The last three laps or so were fantastic with the positions changing every few seconds all clean, all brave and a credit to the locosters. I eventually finished 16th. can't wait for Snetterton. Well done to all the guys.

Just watched your video on youtube Rich, was a great battle for the last few laps! Best bit of racing I've had so far I'd say, shame about the waved yellow on the last lap though.

See you at Mallory!
Cheers,
Rhys #31

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.