Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Got Me A New Job :-)
D Beddows

posted on 2/12/08 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Got Me A New Job :-)

Hurray!!!! after 2 months being out of work and getting more and more despondent (and grumpy!) I got a phone call out of the blue this morning to say that the guy a company had hired rather than me (after the only interview I'd managed to get in 2 months! ) was rubbish and would I like the job - er... yes please! I said

It's cr*p being made redundant at the moment trust me - especially if you work in the construction/architecture/engineering field - so my advice would be that if you have a job at the moment cherish it like there isn't another job in the world - because unfortunately that's not actually a million miles from the truth just now..........

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/12/08 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Superb well done and just in time for Christmas too

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
afj

posted on 2/12/08 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
well done and happy christmas
iank

posted on 2/12/08 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
Top news

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

stevec

posted on 2/12/08 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
Well done.
Got made redundant this time last year, got another job straight away but it looks like its going to happen again soon and as you say there's not alot about at the moment
Good luck in your new job.
Steve.

coozer

posted on 2/12/08 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm on the brink here and looking aroound theres nowt in the automotive engineerign sector

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

rallyingden

posted on 2/12/08 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
I get "loaned out" to other companies & I've just been told by the client that they want us to drop to 35Hrs a week.

My boss said he can't possibly find me anything to do just for 5 Hrs per week..............

SO He's going to just pay me the 40 Hrs a week till end of january and then review.

TOP MAN ......... I love my boss

RD

mr henderson

posted on 2/12/08 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent news, thank goodness the company involved had the sense to get rid of the bloke that turned out to be no good, it's not unknown for firms in that situation to pretend they haven't made a mistake.......

John

balidey

posted on 2/12/08 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
Well done for being second choice
simoto

posted on 2/12/08 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man. Good luck
Alan B

posted on 2/12/08 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
Just waiting now to hear from the guy who's been fired after only two months...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 2/12/08 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
great news!!!

mine's a pint by the way!

D Beddows

posted on 2/12/08 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Make that a week and 1 day! - I'm hoping he was the muppet and not the company..... BUT the guy who interviewed me had longish hair and a bit of a beard so I'm thinking I'll fit in - ok, I don't have them any more but I've got the T shirt so to speak AND I know I can do the job - plus they have lots of rather cool engineering subcontractors who might be very useful in car building terms.... so

Anyway, thanks everyone for the congratulations and considering the mood I'm in I would buy you all a pint if we were in the same pub

Danozeman

posted on 2/12/08 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Congraulations mate. Nice for christams. when do you start?

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

johnston

posted on 2/12/08 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
quote:

Make that a week and 1 day! - I'm hoping he was the muppet and not the company..... BUT the guy who interviewed me had longish hair and a bit of a beard so I'm thinking I'll fit in - ok, I don't have them any more but I've got the T shirt so to speak AND I know I can do the job - plus they have lots of rather cool engineering subcontractors who might be very useful in car building terms.... so

Anyway, thanks everyone for the congratulations and considering the mood I'm in I would buy you all a pint if we were in the same pub

Do your research on the place, my last job the two previous fellas lasted 6 weeks the other a day and a half..

when I done my digging first guy was fired after 6 weeks due to doing nothing, but more than 1 person said he hadn't actually been shown how to do anything and kept getting "i'll show when we're not busy". the line the company used to me was he blabbed about wages and because he was getting more than 1 of the guys that had been there a while they got rid.

2nd guy went for chips never came back he realised what the place was like..

i had to take time off to look after the baby because my mrs wrecked her shoulder. while I was off doctor put me on tablets for a problem they knew about before I took the job, said they would mess with my head for few weeks better to stay low. Day after I handed in sickline i got fired!!! Yet of all they said it would be a good move because of the companys sick pay scheme it would make life easier if i had to take time off.. which I wasnt even entitled to yet!

Volvorsport

posted on 2/12/08 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
excellent ,

my company has just announced 19 redundancies before xmas .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

Aboardman

posted on 2/12/08 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
I work at a structural engineers and we have just taken someone on as we have too much work.
JoelP

posted on 2/12/08 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aboardman
I work at a structural engineers and we have just taken someone on as we have too much work.

im hoping to employ +1 in january, i intend to headhunt a lad i know! Fingers crossed i can keep the work coming in...

jabbahutt

posted on 3/12/08 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
congratulations, fantastic news.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.