Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy R Newcomer
Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy R Newcomer

Hi guys

Just joined and getting an MK Indy R made by the guys at Maltby.

Will be ready late feb but as I said in piston heads that day connot come quick enough!

Would love to hear about these cars as i have no experience whatsoever apart from a good old donunt session on the MK Car park last week.

Are there any pointers i should know about when driving these cars as i took the shortcut route and didn't build myself so will be less familiar than most who have.

Look forward to some advice and hope there will be some meets or kit track days in the near future.

Dan

Mark G

posted on 4/1/09 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
Congrats, I'm sure you can't wait. I know I'm looking forward to when I get mine on the road and I've had it for nearly a year.

What engine have you gone for?

daniel mason

posted on 4/1/09 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
Im in same boat mate.Just bought my stuart taylor zx9r a few months ago and its amazing!
I have had 2 300 bhp imprezas and an evo 8,and this thing will destroy them up to about 100 mph. after that the others take over. What engine are you putting in it?

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Jeez

Didn't realize that they would be quicker than tuned scooby's and skylines etc other than straight off the mark!!!

Thats the missus banned then before i even get it.

Its all black getting a GSX1000R lump, willwood4 pots with mintex pads, Cobra seats, carbon side panels, cossy lsd, and power commander which mk say should be around 185bhp.

Sorry but i have no pics yet other than my old M3

Those pics look good of both cars which is making me want mine now now now!!!

daniel mason

posted on 4/1/09 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
I would imagine that an evo 8 like my old one would do 0-100 mph in about 13 secs, but with 185 bhp and prob less than 500 kgs with the carbon fibre bits you may have around 370 bhp/ton and that is a hell of a lot. 0-100 in less then 10 secs should be no problem at all.
A1

posted on 4/1/09 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
sounds nice!!
the only thing id say about driving it is be careful on slippy stuff!! ( )
apart from that, mines really really easy to drive...
what tyres/wheels you putting on?

lococost

posted on 4/1/09 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
Grats mate!

I build a gixxer type R too, it just passed its SVA test. If you're looking for some inspiration, I have a build site (press the
button below)

Hellfire

posted on 4/1/09 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum. I'd say 185bhp is a bit optimistic from a standard GSX1000R with a PC. Still be plenty powerful enough though and should be capable of doing a standing quarter mile in less than 13 secs.

Phil

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 01:43 PM Reply With Quote
The missus is defo banned!!

Will be running r888's all round on 15" team dynamics and was thinking about maybe getting slicks and another set but way down the line yet!

Mark G

posted on 4/1/09 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
sounds like you'll have one helluva car!

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
That looks nice in green!

How long did it take to build phil?

Do any of you guys go to track days or are they more for summer driving?

Think i will only be for the odd day on the road and as many track days as my wallet...(and missus) can handle!!

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry got names mixed mean't Mark.

Like the Yellow too Phil!

Your very local to the Unit then?

Cant be far for spares!

You say they are only 160bhp? You know more than me as i am only going o the MK Guys....still a rocket though i reckon!

Hellfire

posted on 4/1/09 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, MK's unit is about 5 minutes away from me. We've done a few trackdays. There's some footage on our website.

Phil

Jon Ison

posted on 4/1/09 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old Banger
Sorry got names mixed meant Mark.

Like the Yellow too Phil!

Your very local to the Unit then?

Cant be far for spares!

You say they are only 160bhp? You know more than me as i am only going o the MK Guys....still a rocket though i reckon!

Found your way here then....... ?

Watch it there are some well dodgy geezers about.........

Sounds to me as your in for one hell of a shock when you hit the loud pedal, the tin tops mentioned above are mobile chicanes on track........

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Fair play fella that teeside autodrome looks like a nice tight track to have a play on.

I have always previously gone to bigger tracks having an M3 but that would have struggled on there!

Have you been to Donington in your BEC?

Hellfire

posted on 4/1/09 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Have you been to Donington in your BEC?

With a drive by noise limit of 98db we'd be black flagged for sure, so no, never done Donington. Cadwell is my favourite track

Phil

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
Well guy let me know when the next meet track day you will al be attending after early march when the car shall be picked up and tested?

How loud would you say that the GSX1000R lump would be on a drive by?

Would have to look into getting some extra silencing for donny as i love it there!

paulmw

posted on 4/1/09 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
It may look a bit like mine. Its got a similar spec to yours but with an 07 ZX10R. Not much on the road can beat it even with my pathetic driving ability. You will have a blast when its ready. Rescued attachment DSCN0350.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCN0350.JPG

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulmw
It may look a bit like mine. Its got a similar spec to yours but with an 07 ZX10R. Not much on the road can beat it even with my pathetic driving ability. You will have a blast when its ready.

Oh my God.....sooo glad i chose black now!

Why did you have to show me that now?????

This is gonna be the longest 2 months ever!

Sweet car Paul.

adithorp

posted on 4/1/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
On a tight track you'll leave most tin-tops standing. On Anglesey I lapped a new Impeza Sti twice in 20 mins and pulled away from an Audi R8 and Noble while 2up (which is a handicap in a BEC) and my driving is poo compared to some.

On a big circuit with higher speed corners things get a bit more equal. It's not just acceleration; Braking distances are far shorter in a 500kg car.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

PAUL FISHER

posted on 4/1/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Good choice of car and engine,the Indy R is a great chassis,and the gsxr a fine engine,very strong,you will have a lot of fun with it on the road and track,Mk sportscars run a few trackdays through out the year,where you can meet other like minded MK owners,great fun.
Here's a video of a couple of MK Indy R's at one of those days,this one was at Cadwell last year,the camera car was my Indy zx10r 165bhp,the blue Indy R going passed was a 230bhp supercharged gsxr1000.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-rNfrtbsKaY&feature=channel_page

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Good choice of car and engine,the Indy R is a great chassis,and the gsxr a fine engine,very strong,you will have a lot of fun with it on the road and track,Mk sportscars run a few trackdays through out the year,where you can meet other like minded MK owners,great fun.
Here's a video of a couple of MK Indy R's at one of those days,this one was at Cadwell last year,the camera car was my Indy zx10r 165bhp,the blue Indy R going passed was a 230bhp supercharged gsxr1000.

Well thats why i'm going for the indy r then, that looks brilliant at cadwell a must for next year.

Old Banger

posted on 4/1/09 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER

Well thats why i'm going for the indy r then, that looks brilliant at cadwell a must for next year.
Sorry this year.

Old Banger

posted on 5/1/09 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote

Paul

Just wondering but how much does a supercharger for these cars cast to bolt on especially a GSX?

Not that i would be doing anything like that ....for a while at least?

Dan

Hellfire

posted on 5/1/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
It'll cost you 4K at least for a Rotrex Supercharger conversion.

Phil

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.