Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Audi quattro
jacko

posted on 17/2/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Audi quattro

Hi all i have chance of a Audi quattro and wondered if it would be any good as a donor i have not see the car yet so dont know what it is like its a 2l 5 cylinder engine

Has anyone else used this set up ?
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nick205

posted on 17/2/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC it's pretty hefty motor, obviously long too

martyn_16v

posted on 17/2/09 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Engine and half of the gearbox is in front of the front axle, and as said it's quite long. Needs a mahoosive front overhang

martthefridgeman

posted on 17/2/09 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
ive got to say a 5 pot audi engine in a seven is my idea of heaven, they sound fantastic, dont know about install issues though. Mart.
shades

posted on 17/2/09 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good, I thought about a 5 cylinder being a fan and having a few in the past. I have a 4age in my tiger and there is heaps space left up front I think a 5 will fit ok. Not sure if the quattro running gear would be much use though. The front drive shafts will be too far back. Id try and mate a type 9 gearbox and stick to rwd.

Thanks
Adrian

jacko

posted on 17/2/09 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
OK thank you for the info
If the car is in good Nick i may just do it up and use it on the road
What do you think it is worth i think it is a 86 year

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Stott

posted on 17/2/09 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
It's probably "worth" a grand, but the ashes to ashes crew massive like will have it selling at much more than that providing it's rough enough and has T&T

Also, if your thinking about donoring it you might want to book yourself into a mental asylum at the same time

For cheap and easy 5cyl noise get an ovlov T5, newer, more reliable, more power and free of the guilt that comes with ruining a UR, best of all, same noise!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.