Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Locostbuilders contribution
Keith Weiland

posted on 18/6/09 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sporty
As far as the way the site works it seems fine to me the information contained is invaluable when doing anything on the car.

One thing that strikes me though is that why do we just pay the fee at the start. I'm sure all of is gets at least £5 worth of value out of it each year and the site needs maintaining so why don't we pay a fee each year, just a thought.

Ian

Its not a bad idea to have a premium subscription but it really doesnt cost much to host a forum.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Nash

posted on 18/6/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Keith Weiland
I realise the site is run and modded voluntarily but its not terribly difficult to upgrade a forum and the latest XMB isn't too bad but there are converters available if it is desired to migrate to new software. God forbid someone suggest trying to keep up with technology.

To all those who say content and community are more important than function, that is true but content, community and function is better still. The content and community is already here so updating the site is what provides the function. Things like Inline link creation with auto highlighting make posting useful content so much easier.

Keith, to a certain extent you are correct of course but utility and warranty both carry perceptions of success or failure and it is also important to acknowledge the user communities skill base and requirements when specifying new functionality. Add this to the potential increase in support cost and you soon can't achieve benefit realisation.

IMHO.........Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.