Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750mc racing at Cadwell park July 11th & 12th
procomp

posted on 8/7/09 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Jason

Did you get a head gasket sorted. Obviously you are using one. I mean the one i recommended.

You have got one fitted haven't you. ( just checking )

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gib1et
Junior Builder

Posts 16
Registered 13/5/08

Photo Archive Go!
Building: a healthy points tally in the Locost Championship

posted on 8/7/09 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Matt,

I managed to source a gasket that was exactly the same as the one that came off. I know there were probably cheaper or easier to get hold of options that would do exactly the same job but I just went for consistency.

I even went through all the spare valves I had to make sure I found one that was exactly the same weight as the very slightly bent one that I needed to replace.

Compression is now much improved with all cylinders within 5 psi of each other when cold. It was a bit late to run it up to temp last night so I need to do that, then re-torque the head and finally measure the compression again when hot.

What sort of compression figures should we be aiming for or is that "close to the chest" information?

Cheers
Jason

mediabloke

posted on 8/7/09 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

After watching the last race at Mallory last year, we're hoping to come down for the weekend to watch & get some decent photos. Would be great to catch some of the action!

Even tempted to risk the rain for a drive down in the Indy...

See you there,

Francis.

gogs

posted on 9/7/09 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Now booked in for tomorrow's afternoon testing to run this nice shiny engine in properly.

Mark #53

procomp

posted on 9/7/09 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Mark this getting serious. Taking time of work. Next it will be midweek testing.

It dose make sense and will put Rays mind at rest during qualifying. Darn that's one more i have to try and pass.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 10/7/09 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The weather report is looking a lot better if you prefer the sun / dry weather. Well except for Saturday night anyhow.

For those who enjoy the damp / wet racing i may be doing a rain dance sometime tonight. Mind i haven't fully recovered from 8 pints and my attempts at dancing from the previous Saturday. So maybe not then

Cheers Matt

TimC

posted on 13/7/09 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Well, anything exciting happen?

procomp

posted on 14/7/09 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

The locost results are up on line for those interested. LINK HERE.

Cheers Matt

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.