Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT: Forza 3 is coming.... (any other closet gamers on here?)
paul the 6th

posted on 15/9/09 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
OT: Forza 3 is coming.... (any other closet gamers on here?)

Not really that into games any more but I still play forza 2 (the greatest driving game ever).

Forza 3 is out on October 23rd, just wondered if anyone else is gonna be ordering it in? or am I just a delinquent juvenile with my silly little video games?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JaF3HZBwBA

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Jubal

posted on 15/9/09 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
You are not alone. I have one of these for some sofa based action:

paul the 6th

posted on 15/9/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
wowzah - what's it like? Is the driving position ok?

I'm 6ft 2 so might struggle with a setup like that

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mistergrumpy

posted on 15/9/09 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yep I'll be getting it along with C.O.D. 5. Fantastic games.
200mph

posted on 15/9/09 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mistergrumpy
Yep I'll be getting it along with C.O.D. 5. Fantastic games.

COD6!!!!

Got Colin Mcrae: Dirt 2 last night about ten past midnight and it rocks! Think I'll get bored quite soon though so prolly trade it in against the aforementioned COD.

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

Jubal

posted on 15/9/09 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
It's great. Very stable. I'm the same height as you and large with it. Plenty of adjustment in the thing even for big 'uns. I guess they know all too well that their target market for 100 quid's worth of steering wheel stand is going to be adults.

Link: http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

Ninehigh

posted on 15/9/09 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Found a PS2 behind the sofa looking lonely. As soon as I find Gran Turismo 4 I'll be back into games

Staple balls

posted on 15/9/09 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
ooh, I might have to pick up an xbox for that, still a serious lack of good racing games on the PC

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 15/9/09 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
i'm waiting for Gran Turismo 5 with al the GT Glory from before plus the likes of Nascar and WRC (More interested in the WRC aspect than Nascar but up for any challenge!) When it comes out (supposed to december but who knows!!) i'll be getting the Logitech G25 to go with it

Really lloking forward to COD - modern warfare 2 too!! Looks amazing. Dirt 2 looks a little X Games for me and basically an upgraded GRID - which i already have so i wont be bothering with that- just wait for the WRC aspect in GT5!

hobbsy

posted on 16/9/09 at 12:42 AM Reply With Quote
I'd better hurry up and finish Forza 2 then!

Don't get much time to play games any more

Would like another Project Gotham as well though - any more rumours about that?

Nice setup Jubal - I'd love a G25 but don't play enough to justify the expense or space to store it!

deezee

posted on 16/9/09 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
I love Forza 2. Not fond of the endurance races and I always put heavy restrictions when hosting multiplayer, to put off all the jerks who can't drive. Looking forward to the rewind feature. Nothing annoyed me more than being on the final lap and smashing the car, then having to do the whole race again

paul the 6th

posted on 16/9/09 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Nothing annoyed me more than being on the final lap and smashing the car, then having to do the whole race again

that's part of the charm with forza - you actually have to be able to drive in order to make money & further your career... Gran Turismo, as much as I loved gt2 and gt3, you could just plough into the other cars/walls of the track and end up in front without any penalties....

I've been sneaking on forza 2 at every opportunity over the last 4-6 weeks, even the missus is excited about forza 3 coming! we have multiplayer sessions in the following formats: Regular race, chase the race, cops & robbers (I've got a fully modded volvo with police graphics).

It's gonna be epic.

Reckon it might be worthwhile creating a running list of xbox live gamertag's so we can all hook up and enjoy our silly little video games together?

[Edited on 16/9/09 by paul the 6th]

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

Davey D

posted on 16/9/09 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Why would someone be a closet gamer? Its a great way to pass some time. Me, and a group of friends meet up online every Thursday for some Gears of War 2 goodness

Davey D

posted on 16/9/09 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th

Reckon it might be worthwhile creating a running list of xbox live gamertag's so we can all hook up and enjoy our silly little video games together?

Im up for This. The more people the better. should we start a new thread?

Marcus

posted on 16/9/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not a closet gamer, I game regularly mainly Dirt, Battlefield2142 and lately left 4 dead. Can't wait for GT5, but just read a review on GT5 for the psp.....not too good.
I'm 46 BTW but who cares

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ninehigh

posted on 16/9/09 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Why would someone be a closet gamer

Sometimes it's the only place you can be left undisturbed for long enough to play properly. I should get it all set up in the garage

repper

posted on 26/9/09 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
ive never been in to cames huch but two year back i got given an old PS2 for kids to use from a frend that was upgrading to a PS3 any way it came with GT4 and i must admit i was hucked but after meny a night got to 87.4 % pomplet and my bag off talant was empty and ive not been able to advance sine

Ninehigh

posted on 27/9/09 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Lol I was like that with GT3, had the 4th one but I've not found out who borrowed it...

mistergrumpy

posted on 27/9/09 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone playing the Forza 3 demo? The graphics are very smooth but the game play and controls are different. More of the screen shows the background and so the track is smaller meaning you really have to concentrate. I can't make my mind up if it's an improvement in the playability?
neilj37

posted on 4/10/09 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Playing need for speed : shift at the moment, gameplay is really good and driving experience is quite realistic. Anyone else got this and fancies a race

My gamertag is neilj37 if you want to add me.

MikeRJ

posted on 4/10/09 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Is there anything like the original box classic RalliSport Challenge for the 360? It was one of the most entertaining and playable games ever, used to play it for hours with a friend when I had the old xbox hooked up to my projector. I find a lot of the modern rally games just aren't so much fun, even though graphics etc are far better.
mistergrumpy

posted on 20/10/09 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Forza 3 has now been despatched
Got it from the Game website for £35, they weren't sure on the exact price in their shop but wanted £45! The website says that if there's any doubt over delivery they'll send it special delivery, guaranteed on the doorstep for release date. Woo hoo.

mistergrumpy

posted on 21/10/09 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
It's here! Just dropped through the door and I've to leave for work in half an hour Don't finish until 10 tonight either, it's going to be along shift!
paul the 6th

posted on 22/10/09 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
But its not out til tomorrow you sod?! I've reserved a copy to collect at game tomorrow but I won't be able to go til about 6-7pm ish... might try my luck at tesco extra at midnight tonight

--------

mistergrumpy

posted on 22/10/09 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Brrmmm, brrmmm! I think it's because of the postal strikes and wanting to get the games out on time.
TBH I've been playing it a bit now and it's much like a new VW Golf. A bit shinier than the last one but not very different at all.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.