Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT: Forza 3 is coming.... (any other closet gamers on here?)
paul the 6th

posted on 22/10/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
is it any different to the demo they released?

the handling of the cars in the demo seemed alot "heavier" and "arcade" style than forza 2 for which all the cars had different feel & handling styles...

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
OX

posted on 22/10/09 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
i love forza but i'd sell my xbox to buy a ps3 when gt5 comes out ,,all the other gran turismo games have been fantastic .
do like toca on the pc tho

Jubal

posted on 22/10/09 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th
is it any different to the demo they released?

the handling of the cars in the demo seemed alot "heavier" and "arcade" style than forza 2 for which all the cars had different feel & handling styles...

Do you have a wheel? I played with the controller last night for 10 mins and it was awful. The steering seemed canned, very slow. I'm going to try with the wheel tonight which was great with the demo, different between cars etc.

Please feel free to add me to your list anyone - Jubal99

Ninehigh

posted on 22/10/09 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OX
i love forza but i'd sell my xbox to buy a ps3 when gt5 comes out ,,all the other gran turismo games have been fantastic .
do like toca on the pc tho

Gran Turismo 5 will be out 4th december. And after all the Forza adverts I find this out in ARGOS FFS!

locogeoff

posted on 22/10/09 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
ooh, I might have to pick up an xbox for that, still a serious lack of good racing games on the PC

Yer havin a laugh mate!

Have you ever played Grand Prix Legends, admittedly graphically poor these days but completely anal in the simulation stakes, or more modern stuff rFactor is sublime.

I have to admit to having a permanently set up G25, a fully adjustable drivers seat from an MR2, and a projector instead of a screen.

It's no wonder my locost is taking years to progress.

mistergrumpy

posted on 22/10/09 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
The game is eactly the same as the demo they launched, even playing hat exact emo as part of your progression. It just seems to lack a little of the rawness and there's a skill level where it will even do the braking for you leaving you only to steer. I still think it's better than the Gran Turismo games, just very similar to the old game.
cloudy

posted on 22/10/09 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
NFS:Shift with all aids turned off is far more realistic..

James

www.warnercars.com

mistergrumpy

posted on 22/10/09 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
I've the demo for NFS and although it's a good game I don't find it realistic in the slightest. Strange eh?
jeffw

posted on 23/10/09 at 04:27 AM Reply With Quote
PC games

Simulators
Live for Speed
rFactor
GTR2 (or anything by SimBin)
Grand Prix Legends
Richard Burns Racing

Arcade
NFS series
Anything by Codemasters (CMR, Fuel, Toca, GRID)
Test Drive

paul the 6th

posted on 23/10/09 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
hmmmm I'm miffed about the handling now

one of the appeals with Forza 1 & 2 was the handling. Somehow the developers made dynamics of the cars come to life, so an audi r8 is a bit heavy and a swine unless you get it oversteering slightly, where as the peugeot 206 wrc car handles great for the missus cos it's not too fast and she can throw it around...

I jumped on the demo and the steering felt crap for all of the cars. Really sedate & slow...

It did make me wonder whether the handling has changed so dramatically because of the added abilitiy to completely roll & destroy the cars...

Having said all that, I can't wait to have a blast in the scirocco, the porsche cayenne turbo, the lotus evora and the bugatti veyron

[Edited on 23/10/09 by paul the 6th]

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
t.j.

posted on 23/10/09 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
ooh, I might have to pick up an xbox for that, still a serious lack of good racing games on the PC

I still like LFS. But there is no locostbuilders section anymore. www.lfs.net

Please feel free to correct my bad English, i'm still learning. Your Dutch is awfull! :-)

Jubal

posted on 23/10/09 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th
hmmmm I'm miffed about the handling now

I jumped on the demo and the steering felt crap for all of the cars. Really sedate & slow...

It's only with a controller. It seems they have made the steering much slower by default with the controller. Go lock to lock when stationary and see. I didn't bother hunting thru menus to see if it can be fixed in the profile, I just plugged my wheel in and all is back to normal handling wise.

paul the 6th

posted on 24/10/09 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
I've just about gotten used to using a controller - played with the steering wheel last night for about half an hour but my back started hurting as I'd mounted it to the coffee table.

Think one of them wheelstandpro's from the 1st page of this thread will do the trick (It's due for dispatch on monday!)

--------

mistergrumpy

posted on 29/10/09 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
What's the concensus then?
For me, I have to say that I prefer Forza 2. 3 just seems to lack any rawness to it and credits and upgrades are too easy to obtain. I've over a million now easily and have a stack of cars. I have to say that I can only play it for half hour slots because I keep falling to sleep Waited so long for it too. Roll on C.O.D.!

paul the 6th

posted on 29/10/09 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
It's nice to have all the new cars

I've never turned any of the aids off before (ABS/Traction Control/Stability management) - it's much more challenging & realistic if you turn them off - but you win extra money so speeds the game up even more.

It's good with the wheel but I still need to get used to it - easier said than done as work has kicked off big time this week! I've not been this busy for quite a while!

--------

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.