Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Where to start? New BMW garage heater!!
franky

posted on 29/1/10 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
the chassis is designed to fit the m3 engine so it'll go straight in.

I'm going to use bmw 328 brakes as they're a little smaller so will heat up better. These are too big at 310mm

So front discs will be 286mm rear will be 280mm.

I'll need a new prop but they're not too expensive.

I'll be using the m3 LSD diff with bmw 328 drive shafts.

[Edited on 29/1/10 by franky]

[Edited on 29/1/10 by franky]

col

posted on 6/2/10 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
As with some other cars dont you need to keep the ignition etc as these bmers have unusual imobilisers?.........its only what ive heard
Bluemoon

posted on 6/2/10 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
I know it might be a pain in the ar$e doing it but DON'T cut any wiring, just take out the ENTIRE loom and all fuse boxes, relays and ECU's.

I think I attempted that with my Sierra donor.

I don't think it was possible!!! I'd have had to cut the car apart around the loom! Too many connectors put on after the loom has been fed through bulkheads etc.

Cheers,
James

Got mine out complete from the sierra, all of it! I like a challenge (but this would have been simpler than the BMW)! It does help to have it as you know it all will work, and things like the haynes manual tell porky's about the wiring; some times it's simpler to trace if you have the whole loom (but label everything, be careful to keep the labels in good condition i.e. don't fall off in the X number of years before you need it!)..

I guess with GTD you will use a new loom anyhow?

Dan

franky

posted on 8/2/10 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by col
As with some other cars dont you need to keep the ignition etc as these bmers have unusual imobilisers?.........its only what ive heard

My car's a pre EWS which is the extra security part of it so its not such an issue and even for those with its a good way to meet IVA requirements.

I'll be making up a new loom for lights etc but using the engine loom as it has a nice big plug to the main loom and keeps everything looking tidy.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.