Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Omex ecu's
MikeR

posted on 9/7/10 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
When do you need to know for definite the numbers - i'm getting tempted at the price for a 600. Just struggling to justify it to myself being out of work.

(mentioned to my g/f that it would be a nice birthday present ....... what do you think the chance of that coming off ???)

[Edited on 9/7/10 by MikeR]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

hobbsy

posted on 9/7/10 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
I'm going to speakto omex today about my application. If it's all good then I think I'll be going for a 600 or 710. Don't do the GB without me!
Strontium Dog

posted on 9/7/10 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bimbleuk
Whoever is supplying the OMEX ECUs is selling them at cost or less! As the list price for a 710 ECU is £845.00 + VAT. OMEX rarely do group buys from forums unless the cars are all exactly the same spec and even then they would only knock 10% off the price. So I would varify the price on the 710 personally.

If it's a 3rd party getting rid of stock then great but the prices just sound too good to me. I don't recall them ever having any difficulty selling all the ECUs they can make.

If you need verification from OMEX about any deals I'll be with Andrew (he now manages the daily operations) and Alan (Workshop and shipping) over the weekend. They race F2 stock cars at Standlake arena.

Please feel free to check up on what we are saying. I am merely the messenger but here is the text I got off Antony today when I told him of your concerns

"Can't access the threads until I register with my £5 fee. Theses are the figures emailed to me and have been confirmed".

Antony has not registered I presume because he does not come on here and is organising this across other clubs that he does take a more active part in! For my part I'm just trying to help out by passing on the chance to buy cheaply to members of this forum too!

Regards, Si.

Strontium Dog

posted on 9/7/10 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
When do you need to know for definite the numbers - i'm getting tempted at the price for a 600. Just struggling to justify it to myself being out of work.

(mentioned to my g/f that it would be a nice birthday present ....... what do you think the chance of that coming off ???)

[Edited on 9/7/10 by MikeR]

You'd best do the washing up for a while I'd say.

We definately have enough people in this to do the group buy so the best thing is for those interested to complete the list I started so we can see who really wants one and what they want! Just cut and paste the list into your reply and add your info! Simples!

1. Strontium Dog (Omex 600)
2. Criddy (Omex 600)
3. omega0684 (Omex 600 + Full Loom)
4. liam.mccaffrey (Omex 710 + loom)

[Edited on 9/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

[Edited on 9/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

Raymond Y

posted on 10/7/10 at 08:52 AM Reply With Quote
Omex bulk buy

I am really interested in this bulk buy as I was planning to try and pick up a second hand Omex 600. However, I would like to understand the order, payment and delivery logistics before I commit.

Many thanks for taking the time to set this bulk buy up.

Raymond

jeffw

posted on 11/7/10 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
I'm interested but I'd need to know who the kit is being order from and I'd need to pay by credit card just incase to all goes badly wrong.

Mal

posted on 13/7/10 at 07:03 AM Reply With Quote
I'm interested in a 600. Since I will not be able to use it for several months the discount will need to be attractive for me to spend the money in advance.
I would also want a loom plug and pins.

Cheers,

Mal

omega0684

posted on 14/7/10 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
im definately in at that price, i will need to know payment details as well, as i will need to pay on credit card also.

i would recommend giving the seller our log on names from the forum and then giving us their details and we can ewach ring up and pay individually. if you set a pay by date, say the end of a specific week, then everyone has the oppotunity to cough up within 5 days? just a thought?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Criddy

posted on 19/7/10 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Finally contributed....

Ok Guys can we get some final figures for what you want to order in way of looms ecu's etc

1: Criddy Omex 600
2: Srontium Dog Omex 600

Strontium Dog

posted on 19/7/10 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Just so you all know, Criddy is Antony who is the guy who has sorted out the keen prices on these ECU's!

I'll paste the list so far again here and if all people who genuinely want an ECU etc could cut and paste and add their names that would be helpful as we really need to know who's in so we can sort the order out!

2. Criddy (Omex 600)

[Edited on 19/7/10 by Strontium Dog]

damdy-cash

posted on 19/7/10 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
thanks very much for your effort guys. Would be more than great if you could answer the open question regarding payment etc.

cheers Volker

Criddy

posted on 19/7/10 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Happy to supply user names from Forum and I can arrange this with the seller I'm sure as they've been very accomodating so far. So if thats what the majority want I will arrange this

Regards,
Ant

Strontium Dog

posted on 22/7/10 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Right then, I'll ask again!

Antony has I believe sorted this so you can pay directly to the supplier via credit card. We need NAMES ON LISTplease so we can get the deal confirmed and do the business as it where!

Please put your names down so we can proceed. If you have any problem or further questions then feel free to PM Antony (Username "Criddy" ) or myself.

2. Criddy (Omex 600)

Cheers, Si.

Raymond Y

posted on 22/7/10 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Omex 600 bulk buy

2. Criddy (Omex 600)
5. Raymond Y (Omex 600 + Semi Loom-£531.22)

omega0684

posted on 22/7/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
come on guys, get your names down i need mine ASAP!

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
hobbsy

posted on 23/7/10 at 01:58 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to have shown an interest and then bail but I think my turbo project is being delayed until winter and even then I think I can achieve what I need with an add-on to my PowerCommander. I previously thought the hub was only compatible with the latest PowerCommander V. This works out a lot cheaper and minimises dyno time.

Good luck with the GB anyway - I know what's it like to try and organise one.

Strontium Dog

posted on 26/7/10 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
2. Criddy (Omex 600)
6. Billbro (omex600 + loom)

Come on guys, get your names down so we can complete the deal. These are keen prices that you are unlikely to get outside of a group buy and you can pay by card so your purchase is safe!

jeffw

posted on 26/7/10 at 10:57 AM Reply With Quote
I've been able to get hold of a cheap Emerald so I'll not be taking part in the group buy.

omega0684

posted on 26/7/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
has there been any reponse from the other forum?

have you tried posting on the westfield of caterham forums?

Piers14

posted on 27/7/10 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all, Clairetoo put me on to this bulk buy as Claire has kindly agreed to build me a throttle body setup for my KL-ZE engine.
I hope this BB goes through quite quickly as I need to get the project started ASAP..

Thanks.. Piers

2. Criddy (Omex 600)
6. Billbro (omex600 + loom)
7. Piers14 (Omex 710 + Loom)

Criddy

posted on 30/7/10 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Guys not many to go now before we reach the magic 10
omega0684

posted on 31/7/10 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
come on guys, Criddy do you know if we have had any luck on other forums?

Strontium Dog

posted on 31/7/10 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
come on guys, Criddy do you know if we have had any luck on other forums?

I've been chasing up some others but for some reason they have all gone quite! These are such a bargain to so I don't understand why this is the only site where people are genuinely interested. We are nearly there though!

omega0684

posted on 31/7/10 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
do you think you could have a word with the supplier and see if the seven that have already put our names down can get ours? i could really do with mine by the end of next week.

Strontium Dog

posted on 31/7/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
For that you'll need to talk to Antony but if they will let me pay for a second one in a month or so I'll take two which gets us closer!
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.