Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How much do you spend on the wife/girlfriend/partner/husband at Christmas
blakep82

posted on 22/11/10 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
i never really know the answer to this question, but i know the answer i'll get when i ask her what she wants, she'll say 'nothing' can't wait til christmas to see her face when she gets exactly what she asked for

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mads

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
one thing to bear in mind - what ever value you set, make sure you know if the other half is going to spend over the amount (suppose its a bit like 30mph speed limits, we all know they're the limit but some people go a bit faster). We set a limit first christmas and she went over it made me feel a bit of a muppet.

[Edited on 22/11/10 by MikeR]

i know what you mean but if you both have an understanding then that shouldn't happen. if anything i find it more of a personal challenge to make sure i spend nothing over the limit. Rachael has always been happy with the presents I've got her and vice versa - this year for her b'day she got a Radley handbag and I got tickets to see Lenny Henry and a canvas frame of my bike!!

as has been said, its the thought that counts and spending time with your loved one.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

morcus

posted on 23/11/10 at 12:18 AM Reply With Quote
Currently being single it's not something I'm currently thinking about. Being together though is more important than presents, and if it's your wife both your gifts are likely to come from the same money any way.

There is another way of course, you take up a religon that doesn't give gifts at christmas, my Father is always claiming he's going to convert to puritanism for this purpose.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Tipster69

posted on 23/11/10 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

We buy each other the same thing every year, Tickets & Camping for Silverstone (F1). Works out about £250 each - best pressie ever.

dhutch

posted on 23/11/10 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Currently being single it's not something I'm currently thinking about. Being together though is more important than presents.

Sounds good to me.
- Certainly this thread highlights that everyone treats everything diffrently and that you carnt guide one mans price off another.

That said, ive no idea what im going to buy for anyone, let alone the certain lady of choice.

Daniel

DaveFJ

posted on 23/11/10 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
But why oh why are women so damn difficult ?

she asks me what i want and she gets a list of possibles presents to select from ranging in price but all things i want / need...

I ask her and all i get every year is.... 'oh get me some perfume'..... Grrrrrrrrrrr
i like a present to be a surprise, if she needs perfume i'll damn well just buy it with the weekly shopping!
naturally she reserves the right to get miffed when she doesnt recieve the gift she really wanted but i was expected to know about by some form of devine intervention......

women...... snakes with tits! i swear it!

and in answer to tyhe first post - we 'try' to keep to about £100 each but she is terrible for going over - i think last year was more like £600!
I tend to go over a bit just because i know she will.. last year was about £170 i think...

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.