Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Front Anti - Roll Bar Question
Antnicuk

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that, i will give it a go, although i am already running 300lb front and rear which some have said is 120 more than i should ever be running in my car .................

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

procomp

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

And the above is a perfect example of how things end up when you just start adding spring poundage and ARB's to over come a simple problem. Lack of rebound to compression ratio on the basic damper. Always check the damper out first before starting with ARB's and major spring changes.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sam_68

posted on 29/6/11 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
And the above is a perfect example of how things end up when you just start adding spring poundage and ARB's to over come a simple problem....

Indeed - very easy to get into a vicious circle with spring/ARB rates if your dampers are not right!

And as a general rule, it's the high-velocity damping that usually causes the worst problems. Separate low velocity damping adjustment can be a useful tuning tool, but it's an expensive luxury and there are usually other ways to achieve the same effect.

But, to be fair, dampers have naff all effect on roll angles in steady state cornering, so it's usually fairly easy to separate the spring rate/roll stiffness-related issues that govern roll angles and basic, steady-state handling balance from the damping-related issues that govern ride quality, traction and transient handling, with a little basic testing. A cornering circle marked out on smooth tarmac can be a very powerful tool...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.