Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First Car
britishtrident

posted on 2/11/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DixieTheKid
My brother inlaw who is an insurance broker always recomends a Rover 214 for younger drivers, there whats know as an " insurance beater " in insurance linggo!

My brother got one, done the head gasket straight away for him. Thats the problem, they run hot and the orginal headgaskets are pants. But from memory he paid £900 od quid in his 1st year of driving although the insurance company fitted a tracker.

Other quote he had for corsa's etc were in some cases over £2000.

Hope this helps

The thing to watch with 214/200/25 models is the horse power of the engine fitted, as many have the 104 bhp 1.4 engine rather than one of the lower output units which are more typical of the class at around 80 bhp.
This obviously can have a major effect on insurance cost. Actually converting a 25 16v 81 bhp engine to 104 bhp takes about 20 minutes all that is involved is changing the throttlebody and throttle cable.

All 400 & 45 models with the 1.4 engine are 104 bhp but because of the larger car and grandad image are not considered a high risk.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

HomersDouble

posted on 3/11/11 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks all for your replies.

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.